Author Topic: teething/sa? 3hr+ night wakes - help!!!  (Read 781 times)

Offline dancingbear

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 04, 2007, 15:29:55 pm »
Hello again

Well, just when Millie's sleeps were settling down things have gone from bad to worse. She has been ill and teething for about 8 weeks now, first she cut her bottom molars and now the top ones are coming through (points through but whole tooth not yet) as well as the top incisors. So she's been waking at night almost every night for 2 months. Been able to deal with this okay as most night she just needed one of us to go in and comfort her briefly then she'd go back to sleep. But this last week its all gone haywire!

She's been much more clingly than usual in the day and then she wakes at night (random times - last night it was 11pm) and will not go back to sleep. She wakes screaming and when we go in she quietens down and lies very still but doesn't go back to sleep. You can sit by her cot for ages without a peep but as soon as we make a move for the door she's up and screaming again. We're sooo sleep deprived and at our wits end. Sorry to say but we have resorted to all sorts of AP methods, i even had her in bed with me one night as i was so knackered and she did sleep for 3 hrs. Is this SA or just teething???

She's also been transitioning to 1 nap but still has 2 nap days sometimes when she's very tired. Nap times are a struggle too and she will often refuse to go in ehr cot and i end up resorting to buggy naps.

Feel like all my hard work and sleep training has gone totally done the drain... :(

Any suggestions??

emma x

Offline dancingbear

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: teething/sa? 3hr+ night wakes - help!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 15:30:41 pm »
Forgot to say that Millie is 17 months now...x

andibig

Re: teething/sa? 3hr+ night wakes - help!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 19:39:27 pm »
This can be quite common at this age (sasha went through this too) as they have another blip of SA.its not the same as when they were 6-7 months, its more to do with their budding independence and new skills and feeling unsettled etc.
I also think the teething isn't helping and it takes roughly 3 months for some teeth to come through.IF you add as well she's transtioning to one nap.Are you giving any med for the teething?

I'd probably try GW to help with the night wakings and probably set up a little bed in her room next to her for the next few days to help with the SA.

Whats her routine at the moment?