Author Topic: Sleep- in the winter  (Read 889 times)

Offline shellsyd

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Sleep- in the winter
« on: February 28, 2008, 20:06:57 pm »
Hi,

Sorry this isn't really an issue. Just a question...my friend was shocked when I told her that I keep the heating on all night for the sake of my LO. But he moves around in his cot so much I know he wouldn't stay under his duvet. I have heard about the sleeping bags, but they don't cover arms and I worry about him getting a headcold or something.

Are the sleeping bags enough to keep him warm during the night? If yes, what tog is best (1 tog, 2.5 togs)? Any advice would be great.

Sorry for the dumb questions but I am from a tropical island living in UK and I get cold very easily.

Thanks!

Offline NiknLily

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 82
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 20:25:24 pm »
Hi, yes sleeping bags will keep him warm.  I have our heating programmed to go off at 11pm, but DD radiator is rarely on I try to keep her room at about 19/20 degC but it drops to about 17 at night at present.

A 2.5tog sleeping bag with a vest and sleep suit (one with feet) will keep him lovely and snuggly.  If its really cold I sometimes go in and cover DD with a banket just before I go to bed, but like you say, who knows how long that would stay on for  :-\

I used to worry about DD hands & arms being cold but she tends to tuck them underneath herself if its a bit chilly and she never wakes up in the morning feeling cold to the touch  :)

Offline Bryony

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 141
  • We're in London, UK
Re: Sleep- in the winter
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 20:28:20 pm »
I agree - sleeping bags are great!  We use a 2.5 tog one and Katie's room is usually around 18 degrees C. She wears a long sleeved vest and a pyjama top to keep her arms warm.  If the temp drops down to 15 or 16 degrees I put her in a vest plus an all-in-one sleep suit.

Bryony

You only really know what love is when you become a parent

Offline shellsyd

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Sleep- in the winter
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 23:22:34 pm »
Thanks very much. Just bought two bags and will try them out. Yeah, save money on having the heating on all through the night! And keep LO nice and warm.