Author Topic: back to NW's again, but don't know why????  (Read 1036 times)

Offline mella

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
back to NW's again, but don't know why????
« on: March 08, 2008, 11:52:28 am »
For the last 4 nights our LO has been a nightmare. He's now 14 months and has always been a bad sleeper, he's probably only ever slept through about 50 times, but I knew those old wakes were from reflux and milk allergy issues. But I don't know whats causing these. The 1st night he woke at 10.30, and the last 3 nights at 11.30, and screams hysterically. Each night he has gone back to sleep at 1am. I've tried staying in the room at the bottom of the cot, he calmed down after about 20 mins, and I crept out when he went to sleep, but he woke when I was at the door and it started again. If I cuddle him he will drop straight off again, but wakes when you put  him back in the cot and gets hysterical again. He doesn't like to come in with us either. I've put bongela on  him in case his teeth hurt, gave paracetamol in case he was in pain, resorted to feeding him, still didn't work! He's has a nasty virus a few weeks ago and got a raging temp and diarrhea for a week, and he's now got a chest infection, but it seems to be clearing up well. I don't know if he's just wanting the attention ??????????? any ideas on what could be causing these and any solutions? (please -we need sleep) I've thought about taking the cot sides off, but I think he's probably too young for that?

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: back to NW's again, but don't know why????
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 19:02:57 pm »
Bumping this up for you....

Can you post your daily routine?

Could the chest infection be affecting his sleep? Maybe laying down makes it hard for him to breathe properly?
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline LCandB

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 19:58:22 pm »
Could you post his routine so we can have a look?  My first thought was the possibility of the 2-1 switch or OT, but I'm not sure if he's on 1 nap or 2.
Mom to DD 2.22.2007 & DS 6.20.2009, born at home in the water!

Offline mella

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 20:20:54 pm »
his routine isn't really a routine at the minute, he started nursery 6 weeks ago and everythings a bit in the air nap wise, but he normally just has one nap of 1 -1.5 hours after lunch, but if he's had a bad night the night before he may have two 1 hour naps. I'm not sure that its linked to the chest infection as he falls asleep instantly if you pick him up. His bed his raised at the head as well. He's not been eating very well this week, so yesterday I stopped his afternoon bottle and he ate a lot better and then slept all night  ;D (lol I felt like a new woman this morning). One thing he has been doing lately is waking crying and looking all confused like he doesn't know where he is, but as soon as I laid him down he instantly fell asleep as soon as his head hit the mattress. Could he be having nightmares at such a young age?

Offline Layla

• Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 20:41:41 pm »
If he's only taking 1 nap, which is 1-1.5hr, how long before he goes to sleep? How long is he awake for before the start of the nap?

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline RACHPEM

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 13:23:00 pm »
Layla not sure if you can help out on my thread? as we seem to be going round in circles. "random wakings 2hrs at a time".  I think we have puzzled everyone up there and you may be able to see something we cant.

Rachael Pem

Offline mella

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 14:32:12 pm »
he wakes at about 7am-7.30am, and goes to bed 7-7.30pm, maybe napping 12.30-2pm (roughly) he usually goes straight down without any fuss. He slept through again last night, so maybe he was just not eating enough?

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 15:37:42 pm »
Wow, maybe it was just food related!
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o