Author Topic: MSPI Baby--Delay b/t consumption of milk/effect on baby?  (Read 891 times)

Offline Peek-a-boo

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 326
MSPI Baby--Delay b/t consumption of milk/effect on baby?
« on: August 05, 2008, 21:58:32 pm »
DD had a weird poop this morning (Tuesday)--large, green and sort of mucosy.  I may have accidently had a small amount of dairy on Sunday afternoon.  Does the time lapse seem like to much to attribute the poop to the accidental dairy?  Should I be looking for another cause or could it be that consumption on Sunday afternoon?

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Showing Appreciation 59
Re: MSPI Baby--Delay b/t consumption of milk/effect on baby?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 00:05:28 am »
Hey Bethany:

Do you think there is anything else that could have caused it?  Since you think you did consume some dairy, I think it would be safe to say it was that.

It could take 48 hours for her body to have an affect from it.  Some lo's have a delayed reaction to milk, which is why it is so hard to figure out sometimes.

If you really did not do anything else major, I would say it was that.

Wendy
Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!

Offline Peek-a-boo

• Showing Appreciation 326
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 00:44:11 am »
Thanks Wendy--I really can't think of anything else unusual I've eaten.  Sunday I had some food at a potluck without looking carefully into the ingredients.  I went off milk before having any real concrete evidence of an intolerance from her, but DS had one and she was starting to be gassy/fussy etc like he was.  So, this is sort of nice I guess--makes me feel validated that going off milk really is a good thing for her.  :D

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 01:39:13 am »
At least now you don't have to wonder if you could have milk. 

Both of my lo's were MSPI.

Hope things get better!
wendy
Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!

Offline momtoandrewandthomas

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 02:25:00 am »
Thomas's turnaournd time for an offending food is 4 days.  Why?  I do not know, but once he has pooped twice in the 4 day span (any offending foods cause a major backup) he is good to go.  The first is always sticky and dark green and then he may go 2-3 more times runny and then he is regular again.  My husband swears it is too long, but with my handy dandy food diary I came to this conclusion every time.  I think his motility is unsually slow, but that may be the case for your little one too.
Jen - pediatric physical therapist and wife to Brian
Mom to Andrew - 5 1/2 sensitive preemie
           Thomas - 2 1/2 MSPI textbook baby

Kindergarten is stressing me out!!!!