Author Topic: Need some help with almost 10 mo  (Read 4971 times)

lilac83

Re: Need some help with almost 10 mo
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2009, 17:13:10 pm »
Yeah, I would aim to do the same as yesterday and see what happens. Remember, it may take a few days of this for him to fall into some sort of pattern.

Offline hjrmom01

• ~~Erin~~
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 60
  • My girls
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2009, 19:21:57 pm »
I did try the same again today but he just WOULD NOT go down for the pm nap.  He whined from the way home from the store, he doesn't ride in the car well I guess.  I tried to get him down 5 min before just as usual and he just started to cry. I left him to it and he stood and screamed, went back in laid him down and left and he was fine for about 5 min then stood up screaming again. I went back in and tried to calm him in the crib but ended up having to hold him to calm him and then let him get sleepy in my arms then put him down and when he protested I just rubbed his back for a minute.  Ended up being almost 3pm  :-\ We'll see what happens to the length of the nap and hopefully get a decent bedtime.  

nope, 45 min >:(
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 19:58:57 pm by hjrmom01 »

lilac83

« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2009, 00:11:05 am »
How frustrating! Were you trying for 3.25hrs A time or 3.5hrs? Was his AM nap 1hr? I would see how tonight goes. If he has a good night though, you may want to think about taking another 10min or so off that AM nap. It seems like he may be caught up on sleep now but if he takes too many UT naps he'll be right back to OT.

Offline hjrmom01

• ~~Erin~~
  • My girls
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2009, 00:18:21 am »
I was trying for 3.25 but he just would NOT settle down and go to sleep.  I didn't even bother trying to get him back to sleep when he woke.  Surprisingly he wasn't too grumpy when he got up. We had company over and he played on the floor and had his picture taken (our friend is making a portfolio for professional photography) a bazillion times and didn't get fussy until dinner time.  He ended up going down at 7:00 without a fight. 

I don't know how he caught up on sleep if he only did 10/10.5 hrs last night and then I rocked with him for another 40 mins.  We're off to the cabin again tomorrow, we'll take off during his am nap so depending on how tonight goes I'll either let him sleep the whole way or wake him up after an hour.  I'm going to keep trying the 10:30-11:30, 2:45-? for a few more days and hopefully he isn't getting OT.  If I take 10 min off I just move up the pm nap 10 min, right?

lilac83

« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2009, 00:32:51 am »
Yeah, if you have him sleep 10:30-11:20 then the PM nap would start at 2:35pm.

Offline hjrmom01

• ~~Erin~~
  • My girls
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2009, 00:47:33 am »
got it, thanks  :D I'm sure we'll have an EW tomorrow as he has just woken up 1 hr and 40 min after going to bed.  Fussed around, sat up, laid down, fussed around but seems to have gone back to sleep on his own.  I just don't get how this keeps happening!  Oh well, what can i do, right?  Just keep try to offer naps at the right time (whatever time that is!) and the rest is up to him!

Offline hjrmom01

• ~~Erin~~
  • My girls
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2009, 10:28:47 am »
well, considering the crap naps yesterday he slept 11.25 hrs last night!  Woke this morning about 6:15/6:20. Don't know what to do about naps today now.  11.25 hrs on 1 hr and 45 min of naps?!?!  I swear there is no correlation between day sleep and night sleep  ::)

lilac83

« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2009, 17:03:22 pm »
Yeah, sometimes they make no sense! I would start cutting that AM nap now and see what happens. Have fun at the cabin!