Thank you both so much for your replies...you make a lot of sense!!
I've always thought DS was touchy rather than spirited (DD who is 2 yo, is definitely spirited, lol!)....I think there is a lot in what you are saying about sensitivity to OS...DS adores his big sister & his A time involves her a lot which I'm conscious doesn't help his sleep. I have been trying to make sure I do a 10 min wind down with him before naps (we have turned our dining room into a 'day nursery' where he sleeps), but I'm very aware of leaving DD on her own....
Right, back to your other questions!
- He sometimes responds to AP....he will sleep in car/buggy tho does 30 mins tops! When we were on track with EASY we always did his CN out & about as we usually have some activity on for DD. AP'ing him has gotten a lot harder the last couple of weeks since his routine went up the spout.....I even tried to get him to sleep on me yesterday afternoon with no success.
- I 100% agree with you both that the 1st nap of the day is crucial...if it goes wrong the rest of the day is usually a bit of a right off. His sleepy cues are hard to read (again, I think as DD is around he's so pre-occupied with her), so it's hard to know exactly when he's tired.
- He was swaddled for the 1st couple of months but we stopped as he got out of every swaddle I tried. He sleeps on his tummy for naps (& has done since birth due to reflux, which he is on meds for & is under control).
- I tried W2S a few months back but found it hard to get right as I either didn't get him to stir enough or did too much & he woke up!
- He generally wakes up from short naps happy but he quickly can get quite miserable.
- Re: teething, I definitely think his teeth are moving around...I gave him paracetamol, teething gel & powders before his first nap this morning & he did a 40 min nap which I couldn't extend.
Last night wasn't great either....quite a few NW's...he has a dummy which sometimes needs re-plugging & he was awake at 6am.
He is quite jolty during his naps, which is why HTTJ has worked in the past.....does this mean OT/OS?
My only other thought is hunger...he's on 4hr EASY feed wise & easily takes 8oz's at each feed (he's over 18lbs so a big little man!)....am going to start introducing solids over the next day or so....tho not sure this is related to naps??
Phew! Hope I've answered it all! Thanks again for both your suggestions & advice.