Author Topic: BGB disaster, I am at my wit's end :-( ***update***  (Read 6622 times)

Offline squeakersmum

• Steph
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 49
  • So grown up already!
Re: BGB disaster, I am at my wit's end :-(
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2011, 20:16:03 pm »
There's something in the air - Ben's REALLY trying my patience tonight. Been 'in' bed for an hour and a half...and counting. He's going to bed VERY early tomorrow night so that if he faffs around for two hours he might actually still get a decent nights sleep.

Charli - tonight, in particular, I feel your pain!

Offline Roseii

• Showing Appreciation 198
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2011, 09:36:35 am »
it strikes me that putting her back in her cot now would be going backwards and that you may just be faced with this all over again when you make the transition again in 6 months, or whatever. I think you've got to ride this out, but I'm sure that is much easier said than done :(

Thanks Cath and yes I think you're right, we may have just as much trouble in another 6 months so might as well try and sort it now ::)

I have just gone through 45min of getting Ry to sleep in his BBB for a nap and it is clear that he is OT. He is just getting over an illness for a few days so I was putting him in bed very early and have had absolutely no issues.  Then today (selfishly..I wanted both in bed at the same time) I pushed him and he is now so clearly OT it is not funny!!!

(((hugs))) Sarah, did you get him down? it's not selfish to want them to sleep at the same time!!

Yes I am concerned she may be OT...chronically so perhaps. But then the days she naps it's EVEN harder to get her in bed :(

She was at nursery yesterday, I had to wake her at 7.15am which is unusual but she'd had a NW so I think she was shattered. She napped 1.05-1.45 at nursery, I had her in bed at 8.15pm, she messed around til 8.30pm, with me sitting silently at her gate, ignoring her. At half 8 she came over and was wailing at the gate. I was SO fed up last night, had loads to do as they are both at my mum's today and I needed to get all meals, changing bag etc ready, so I got in bed with her ::) She was asleep by 9pm, which is still way too late but earlier than if I'd fought with her. She had a NW at 2am, v upset, crying out etc, but settled quite quickly when I went in there, then up for the day at 7.10am...

I am dreading tonight, DH will be at footie so I'll be on my own dealing with them both.

Steph, hope you had a decent night in the end!!

x
Blessed mum to two home-birthed darling water babies

hey you with the pretty face, welcome to the human race

Offline anna*

• Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2011, 09:38:47 am »
Can you not just leave her at the gate for a while?

Offline Roseii

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2011, 09:57:10 am »
I suppose I could...Although she'd just start emptying all the drawers etc ::) And this is where the problem of DH arises, he would not be up for just leaving her to it, hence why he ends up getting into bed with her to get her to sleep ::)

Offline anna*

• Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2011, 09:59:11 am »
Ah right. The DH conundrum... sorry, can't help with that one :(

Offline ~Sarah~

• Showing Appreciation 59
  • The Moo/Bean Combo
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2011, 15:23:08 pm »
Sarah, did you get him down?
NO!!!  In fact he didn't nap at all, and DD only took a 30min nap all DAY!!!  At one point I tried getting DD to sleep, but it was not working so I thought I would try to APOP a nap for both of them by going for a car ride...which my hope were low, but I needed to do something before I threw them both out the window.

Neither slept but at least they just calmly looked out the window.

I actually started dinner at 430 and Ry was asking for the news which means he knew BT was coming.  I started his bath at 545 and had him asleep without a peep by 630.  At about 545am he was crying out, I took in a diaper and a cup of milk, and he went back to sleep until 745.

I figure he has been on a low level of OT since the switch to BBB a month ago.  He has been fighting the BT and it has been getting later and later...but a few times I could see I missed the sleep window.  I thought I needed to shorten his naps (he still prefers 3hrs day sleep) and when I cut them things got progressively worse.

The only reason I think he caught up is this past weekend he had a stomach bug and was only AWAKE 5hrs all day Sunday!!  That is how I knew yesterday he clearly had gotten OT.  There was no second guessing UT vs OT.

So my only thought is, could you try for super super early BT?  At least that would give you a few hrs to get it squared away?

I hope my pain can somehow help you :D

Offline Roseii

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2011, 15:30:16 pm »
Ah right. The DH conundrum... sorry, can't help with that one :(

At least he's out tonight so I can do things my way  ;)

Oh Sarah sorry you had no joy!! I have been known to take my 2 out in the car purely for a bit of peace too before :P If only there was a drive-thru tea-bar I could go to...

Maybe I am completely missing her sleep window?? Maybe I should try a much earlier bedtime...Even if she messes around for a while it would be more bearable knowing it's not gonna be 10pm by the time I get downstairs...

She is with my mum today so who knows what she'll have done sleeo wise...

Wish me luck  :)

Offline ~Sarah~

• Showing Appreciation 59
  • The Moo/Bean Combo
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2011, 15:43:35 pm »
Even if she messes around for a while it would be more bearable knowing it's not gonna be 10pm by the time I get downstairs...
This is what I am thinking...it is worth a shot!

If only there was a drive-thru tea-bar I could go to
I was already ready to float away on all the coffee I drank, or I would have stopped for sure!

Offline squeakersmum

• Steph
  • Showing Appreciation 49
  • So grown up already!
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2011, 16:07:35 pm »
Even if she messes around for a while it would be more bearable knowing it's not gonna be 10pm by the time I get downstairs...

This is what I'm doing tonight! If he's OT he *should* (please!) go to sleep sooner tonight than last night and if he's UT I figure it'll still take a couple of hours he'll just be done earlier!!

Offline Roseii

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2011, 15:27:03 pm »
Just wanted to update...

So I don't really know why but for the past few nights DD1 has stayed in bed  ;D :o

The other night DH and I agreed we needed to be on the same page about this, thank god, and that we would be firm, not put her back in bed but just keep telling her to get back in bed, and if she fell asleep on the floor then so be it...

Well didn't she bloomin' well stay in bed that very night we had a plan!! And for about 5 nights now. She hasn't even fallen straight to sleep, she has laid there chatting, whereas before she would be hopping out. A visit from the Easter bunny definitely helped re-enforce the staying in bed thing, but she was actually doing it before that, who knows why!

However I am worried about tonight as she is at nursery on a Tuesday and just plain awful when I pick her up  ::) I don't know if it's OT/OS or what (she usually has 1/2 hour nap which is no less than she would at home) but she is just a demon after nursery...I think I might try putting her in bed early rather than later...

xxx

Offline *Becky*

• Showing Appreciation 255
Re: BGB disaster, I am at my wit's end :-( ***update***
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2011, 17:01:52 pm »
sounds like a good plan Charli. Really pleased things have improved. Fingers crossed they stay that way xx

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!

Offline <Catherine>

• Showing Appreciation 149
Re: BGB disaster, I am at my wit's end :-( ***update***
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2011, 17:58:56 pm »
So pleased things have improved Charli, I have my fingers firmly crossed for tonight for you - good luck! :)
Catherine x