Author Topic: USA MSPI safe foods  (Read 3512 times)

Offline ~*Nicole*~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 178
  • Formerly: *Nicole-Ava's mom*
USA MSPI safe foods
« on: June 06, 2011, 14:47:37 pm »
I just saw the Canadian one and thought OOOOH That is what I need !!!

I LOVE Whole Foods at the moment as I have found some great things there that are dairy/soy free:

So Delicious coconut milk based chocolate ice cream (only certain flavors are BOTH dairy/soy free)
So Delicious hazelnut coffee creamer
So Delicious yogurts (only certain flavors are BOTH dairy/soy free)

I also found that my Wegmans store has a good organic section with some of the other essentials I needed.
Haven't been to Trader Joe's yet, but hear they have some good stuff, too!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 17:51:59 pm by Buntybear »

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!

Offline mianita

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: Is there a USA product list of MSPI safe foods for us EDers??
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 04:45:40 am »
I would be interested in this list too, but didn't find it through this link... Am I looking at the wrong one? I just see Canadian, UK and Australian...

I'm avoiding soooo many foods, and in Traders Joes I just found rice tortillas and rice pasta, nothing else interesting. You can find them in Whole Foods as well. Also in WF I'm buying different rice cereals, different milks (hemp, coconut etc). I also like Mexican food, so I'm buying chicken tamales there and beef tamales in Target (frozen), they are glutein and soy/dairy free. In Walmart I'm buying Flaxseed Milk, which is my favorite! Also if you like some chips, I buy there veggie chips and hummus. I have actually quite big list of foods I've found :) also I'm using Bobs Red Mill glutein free flours to make my own bread and pizza and using milled flax seeds with water or banana instead of eggs. In WF you can find shredded "cheese" Dalya, which is not bad at all :)
HTH

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 05:36:28 am »
Sorry you are right, there is no US list on that sticky. If you want to add more foods to this thread then I will put this thread on that link as the US list of OK foods x

Offline ~*Nicole*~

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 12:35:11 pm »
Yes please!

If you aren't too concerned about "Natural Flavors" or "Caramel Color" (they tend to be low on the list of ingredients and it is unclear if they contain dairy/soy but I've been allowing myself those things....you can have: Various varieties of Cheerios, Frosted Flakes, and Corn Flakes are totally okay. (They are cheaper than the cereals I've seen at WF or in the organic section which is why I was checking their labels)

I like the Earth Balance butter/margarine substitute.
I also found a mayonnaise I can have at WF (which makes pasta salads and tuna fish an excellent meal :) )

Rudi's brand bread (I found at Wegmans--it's organic so has less overall ingredients) and also the WF brand bread seem to be dairy/soy free.

The original flavor of Sun Chips is okay. I can't remember but I also found a brand of regular potato chips and salt and vinegar chips that were okay. I've since eaten and chucked the bags but I'll have to find them again to list the brand. (I needed snacky things at a couple of BBQs so I wouldn't accidentally grab other items they had out)

I think it's the Tribe brand of hummus at the reg. supermarket that is also fine to have. OH and some pita breads. I found a brand called Best Pita and it is fine as well. Any natural peanut butters are good.

Okay...that's all I can think of for now!

Offline Kta400

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 17:23:54 pm »
Udi's makes muffins (blueberry and Lemon are great!), bagels, breads, hamburger/hotdog buns, &n granola. They are all gluten, soy, dairy free. Some are even nut free. They are pretty good but you need to toast the bagels and bread because they can be rubbery when fresh. I eat a TON of rice chex cereal. I also love the So Delicious ice cream and am excited to try the yogurts because I really really miss eating yogurt! :)
Katie

Offline ~*Nicole*~

Re: USA MSPI safe foods
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 16:04:08 pm »
I find with the coconut milk based products you really can taste the coconut flavor so have to like that!