Author Topic: 17 month old resisting naps suddenly  (Read 7342 times)

Offline Lemonthyme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 29
    • Mamacook
Re: 17 month old resisting naps suddenly
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 07:46:15 am »
Yeah. Probably right. He's at nursery today and either they don't notice or he perks up for them so I'm sure he'll sleep there without meds. Maybe it's just coz he knows I'll give in!  The annoying thing, and we had this last time, is you can't give meds to last overnight so you get a bit stuck with the early waking and it's so difficult to tell when the teeth pain has ended and habit has taken over.
Here's my blog which is focussed on simple food for babies, toddlers and families http://mamacook.blogspot.com/

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 18:02:27 pm »
Hi how did he do yesterday and today?? x

Offline Lemonthyme

• Mamacook
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 19:34:35 pm »
He woke up early yesterday (4:15!)  Then he was falling asleep into his lunch so I put him straight down into his cot after his savoury, straight asleep.  Then he only has 45 mins!  Boo!

Anyway, this morning up at 5:30am, happier but as soon as I tried to give him breakfast, oh dear.  Normally nothing puts him off food.   He would only eat if he was sat on my lap being cuddled bless him.  No, I won't be fed but I will eat myself if there is a cuddle in it for me!

So, in some ways things are ok because there's a pattern.  In some ways, they're really bad because we'll probably get two of them through, have a respite then a couple more and frankly I could do without it (we're moving house at the moment) but bless him, when he's a monster and there's a reason for it, it's a bit easier to cope with, especially when there's baby nurofen...  Oh and he was in nursery today and tomorrow so that will help ;o)  (Of course he had a 1 hr 50 min nap at nursery...)
Here's my blog which is focussed on simple food for babies, toddlers and families http://mamacook.blogspot.com/

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 21:43:02 pm »
Wow, 4.15? You poor things. Do you get a chance to rest in the day?

So does he STTN? Great nap at nursery! At least he has caught up a bit  :)

Offline Lemonthyme

• Mamacook
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2011, 06:17:10 am »
Nope, he only had a 45 min nap that day and now my body is conditioned to wake earlier again so I'm waking at 4:15 even though he woke at 5:45 this morning.

He woke once last night but probably because my OH disturbed him.  Generally he STTN.