Author Topic: Our NAET journey  (Read 9796 times)

Offline EloysH

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 102
  • Eloise & 2 boys, from reflux to gut healing :)
Re: Our NAET journey
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2012, 11:19:41 am »
DId you end up testing your daughter on eating egg or dairy?    I am keen to know if the treatment worked for her.  I desensitised my son to alot of foods when he was 9 months to 14 months old. The treatment seemed to help  his salicylate intolerance slightly but he was not able to eat any of the foods in any sort of quantity.

For instance, he barely tolerates butter, and definantly cannot tolerate wheat.  He had alot of gut healing to be done and vitamin and mineral supplementation required to help his liver produce digestive enzymes, and this path has proven far more productive for him.  We also diagnosed that he had a protozoan parasite and several vitamin deficiences since the treatment. He was also on reflux meds, so those might have held him back too.

I an always keen to hear other success stories though, I know that this treatment does work for some people.

Offline Happyface82

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2012, 10:36:32 am »
Koe2moe - I just realised I forgot to ask about the pregnancy! I am going back tomorrow so will ask then! :-)

EloysH - we tested her on egg which was her most severe allergy. Last time she had only a tiny bit of egg and her face went bright red and she vomited everywhere for about 5 min.. I changed her and again she was sick everywhere. It wasn't nice! Then the next day she got a rash on her arms and legs. After the treatment, I gave her about half an egg and she didn't react at all. She doesn't eat them really as she doesn't like them - maybe she needs to get used to them? But she definitely didn't react! I'm not sure if there would be a small reaction like an intolerance if she had a whole egg but at least I don't have to worry about it too much! :-) I'm sorry you didn't see the results others do. Its heartbreaking!

UPDATE:

We went back on Monday and she was treated for Vit A! Going back tomorrow to see of its cleared but not sure what we are treating tomorrow! I was going to ask her if we could do tomato. K is being really fussy with her food lately and I worry too much about it. She refuses to eat anything. She has tried spaghetti before though -bolognaise and once with tomato sauce- and she loved both. I figure I can get gluten free pasta, treat the tomato and add veggies that she doesn't have lately! ;)

She was also tested for pets and dust and she is allergic to both which I suspected! Good news is we gave her some rice milk instead of Nutramigen after her treatment as Nutramigen contains Vit A and she liked it. I am thinking of switching her permanently! What do you think? PS: She tested her on Nutramigen and she reacted!

Offline EloysH

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2012, 11:34:17 am »
That's really cool about the egg!!! My son's issues are all intolerances, maybe this is part of the reason. Although months after the treatment he tested to a near wheat allergy via scratch testsand he was desensitised to this several times with many various combinations with other foods through NAET.  I do feel that the pathway for his intolerances is not soley immune system problems, it is core nutritional imbalances that effect detoxification processes as well as bacterial imbalances and parasites...all have played a role in poor gut health for him + being in reflux meds for 2 yrs.

How old is she?  Rice milk has no fat or hardly any protein so can't replace formula in that way, it is essentially a watery sugary drink  ::)   Whilst they can be fortified with caclium that's about all that is going  for it,  and I am iffy about how much is absorbed anyway...

Whilst I say this about rice milk... it's the only "milk" that my son drinks, but I careful not too give too much... maybe only 30ml a day as I don't him to fill up on empty calories.  I would be tempted to try some of the other dairy free milks such as coconut (good fat content), oat, quinoa or almond whihc all contain more nutrients, protein or fat one or the other.

Offline koe2moe

• Showing Appreciation 250
  • Battle on the chess board
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2012, 12:05:10 pm »
thanks!!

If she gets treated for Vit A, after that one is cleared, she can retest her on Nutramigen.  Chances are she isnt reacting to it anymore.  Eg, I was very allergic to calcium and the water here is very hard!  i was weak with tap water and I even tested weak in the shower (self testing) and then once calcium is clear, i was strong with tap water! 

Offline Happyface82

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2012, 12:50:42 pm »
Thanks girls! She is going to be 2 end of April! Only reason I'm thinking of the rice milk is because I don't like formula I think its full of chemicals! She has been given multivitamins anyway as her diet is so limited so I'm not worried about that. Oats she can't have and I don't know about coconut but I don't want to try anything new at the moment as there else so much going on.

I agree about the poor gut health, I think its the same for Katerina! She was on reflux meds for over a year!! Her therapist said she wants to help heal her intestinal track and has given us some vitamins and some sort of powder to do that. And she doesn't want us to try gluten or dairy for 1 month until she is better, even though we will probably treat her for them quicker. She sounds like she knows what she is talking about. Lets see!

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2012, 19:07:39 pm »
Hi, as I am in the UK I fel that I need to jump in and say that we are not advised to give rice milk to LO's under the age of 5 here due to the arsenic conent. We use oat milk and top up the fats with a good diet.

Offline Happyface82

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2012, 15:39:19 pm »
Hu Buntybear, thank you for your comment! Someone else told me about that yesterday actually, I didn't know it! Won't be giving it to her now! I'm considering Almond milk with extra calcium and of course a good diet as I know none of these cows milk alternatives are high in fat! K is allergic to Gluten so oat milk is not an option! :-)

Koe2moe - you are right. This is what she said as well that she might not react to it any more. Will be interesting to see. I asked her about being treated when pregnant and she she said its absolutely fine! :-) She is also doing some craniosacral to K and said to me that it works wonders when pregnant!

UPDATE - Vit A has been cleared apparently! And she was treated for nightshade veg today as I desperately want to give her tomato! Going back tomorrow and then Saturday! Will also start the supplements today to heal the intestinal track!

Offline koe2moe

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2012, 15:52:19 pm »
thanks for asking :)  you should ask her to retest nutramigen before giving it to her.  it is so exciting, isnt it?  to get things cleared!!  fx

Offline LisaK1

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2012, 17:06:41 pm »
Hmmn, I wish the professionals in our country would align their advice.... I live in UK and have seen a paed and dietician for my son and he said Rice Milk is fine!!
My boy is 4!

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2012, 17:30:41 pm »
Lisa, it is on the NHS website so that is REALLY bad of them  :-\

Offline Happyface82

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2012, 21:29:36 pm »
Can I just say? I know regulations sometimes say one thing... but I'm sure all doctors have their own opinion on matters as well. It might be that there are some people out there who really think it is suitable. I have heard from many mums in another forum who have been told to offer rice milk. So not sure this is all black and white.

At least we are lucky enough to have the internet and be able to research things ;) I personally won't take the risk.... if there is one negative thing about it I won't give it to her. Not on a daily basis!

Offline koe2moe

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2012, 21:44:10 pm »
i mentioned this to DH and being a nerd, he had to research it.  He found out that research shows that farmers used to use pesticides containing arsenic and other heavy metals on rice fields and so it still remains in the soil. 

i personally am puzzled as we eat a fair amount of rice!  How is rice not affected but rice milk only?? 

Offline Happyface82

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2012, 21:59:08 pm »
I just looked it up as well and it seems rice does contain arsenic!! I think its just one of those things you know? So many foods we eat now contain things we don't even want to know. Its sad, but true!

Offline EloysH

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2012, 04:53:08 am »
Well that's strange as my natruopath said organic rice milk is fine... and that's what we use.   Maybe organic rice milk does not contain arsenic??

Offline Happyface82

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2012, 23:48:29 pm »
Ok. K was unwell the other day. I'd given her organic corn snack in the morning and then some gluten free organic corn balls after dinner as she was still hungry. She had a very unsettled nap and night. Next day we went for her treatment and discussed it with the therapist. She tested negative for corn so its smt else. Only other thing in the organic snack is sunflower oil so might need to test that. As for the corn balls they contain sea salt and she tested positive for it!

Nightsade veg are clear so tomorrow I'm making her gluten free spaghetti bolognaise! :-) I can't wait! We treated peas today and we'll be doing fish on Monday and maybe shellfish! This is moving fast as we are going very often! Fingers crossed the tasting of different foods goes well! :-)