My Textbook DS is 4 months old tomorrow. We started him on 4/4 last week (we are on day 7). When he was on the 3-hour easy he was an amazing sleeper (7pm to 7am since 2.5 months). Now that we have transitioned him to the 4-hour EASY he wakes just before his dreamfeed and again between 2:30 and 4am. I am totally afraid that we messed with perfection!
* During the transition period he did not have these waking issues.
* His morning nap is great -- between 1.45 and 2 hours.
* His noon nap is OK. Because he is a bit overtired getting to that 2-hour mark, he sleeps 45 minutes and then we have to maneuver to get him to sleep the additional time. Ultimately he does sleep between 1 and 2 hours.
* His catnap is OK. We normally take our walk in the stroller or sling and he gets his 30 minutes then.
* He is never grumpy coming out of a nap. Sweet as pie and all smiles.
* He is teething -- but it seems not to bother him very much. When he fusses with his mouth you can tell it bothers him, but it is rare.
* He has only recently become interested in a paci. He does like to go to sleep with it in his mouth. But since two weeks ago, this is new.
* He is breastfed. We pump a bottle for the dreamfeed.
* In the middle of the night, there is no calming him down with paci, pacing, PU/PD, etc. Only 2 ounces (or ten minutes) of food gets him back to sleep.
* It could be a growth spurt but his past ones only lasted three days/nights.
7 - E
9 - S
11 - E
12:45 - S
2:45 - We wake him
3 - E
5 - CN
5:30 - E
6 - Bath and bedtime routine
7 - Top-off and then to sleep
11 - DF
These erratic hours are just so out of routine for all of us. Does anyone have any idea what is going on?