Author Topic: 13mo sttn at Gma, not at home. help!  (Read 5166 times)

Offline tahiranisa

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: 13mo sttn at Gma, not at home. help!
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2012, 13:11:43 pm »
So, the night went great compared to our two really sick nights! He had a small NW at 12ish but put himself down. THen he woke at 4:45 which was becoming typical and he was just minorly fussing. He went back to sleep in 3 minutes. Again up at 5:30 and back down in probably 5 minutes. At 6, he woke and we got him up. And he was in a pretty good mood. He hung with us in our bed, nursed, drank a bottle, played.

He seems better and (cross my fingers) he seems to forget how much we coddled him for those 48 hours!

Offline Truly Blessed

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2012, 18:00:00 pm »
Hi Hun,

Were you just following his cues because he had been poorly  ??? It looks as though he just wasn't tired enough after just 3 hours of A time...simple as that.

If he falls back to sleep in the morning, leave the room and get yourself back a comfy bed!  ;) Were you terrified he'd wake again if you left  ??? or di you just drop off LOL...been there done that but if you stay you could become a prop, even though it's only for an hour in the morning, you don't really want him waking and seeing you there YK  ???

No matter what the reason it's super that he went to sleep with no-one in the room with him  ;D it shows how far he has come.

IIWM I would get back to the routine and what you were doing Hun. If he's better that is.

Is he all better now   ???

Vicki.x.

Offline tahiranisa

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2012, 13:28:19 pm »
slept through the night again, that was great. didn't have a 445 wake up like normal and slept until 530. she was still tired though at 530 but I couldn't put him back down.

nap times and bad times were super easy yesterday and you went into his crib without much complaints. I am thinking it is time to implement the next step. so, should I sit outside his room with the door open so he can still see my back? or where is my ideal sitting for gradual withdrawal?

Offline tahiranisa

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2012, 13:29:03 pm »
oh and I think I sleep on the floor 1 because I'm afraid of him waking up and 2 because I always fall asleep. couldn't do it this morning though because I couldn't get him back in bed.

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2012, 20:12:45 pm »
Hey Honey,

What I did at this stage is to try walking out and if Sam got upset I would stand in the door, half in, half out, then when he was settling I would step outside and leave the door ajar. It may sound silly   ::) ::) but it just gets you really close to stepping out and eventually shutting the door. It really sounds like progress is being made Hun..keep it up, you're doing so well.

Vicki.x.

Offline tahiranisa

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2012, 23:49:03 pm »
OK, I did it a little bit wimpy today. I first sat on the floor for about a minute because I kind of forgot that I was supposed to be walking out.
Then, I just stood in the doorway and faced out. I didn't walk all of the way out for probably 5 minutes. He kept picking his head up and looking at me. Once we locked eyes and then he fussed a little so I gave about 5 shush's.
But I walked out when he was lying down facing away and definitely still awake. (So awake he was coughing!) I haven't heard a word out of him. So I guess it worked!

Thank you thank you thank you.
Eager to see how tomorrow goes and we will definitely work on not sleeping on the floor for his morning early waking.

Offline tahiranisa

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2012, 11:36:26 am »
And, best part, he slept till 5:50am with no NW and no EW! Woot! That's 6:30 - 5:50! Awesome! He fussed a little around 8:30 but went straight down himself so I don't even count that stuff!

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2012, 12:52:26 pm »
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaagh I'm almost as happy as you Honey! That is fanbloomintastic. For sure he is coming on in leaps and bounds because he is doing exactly what our Sam did when I did GW after his initial PD training. He is checking up on you but not particularly bothered when he finds out where you are, he's just being nosy LOL..that is so super. And 11.20 through the night  ;D Hope you slept well!  ;)

What's your plan for tonight  ???

Vicki.x.

Offline tahiranisa

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2012, 19:52:57 pm »
Alright this morning for nap #1, I stood in the doorway instead of walking right out. I really feel like I want a transition between me sitting on the floor till he is asleep to just leaving. So, I stood there till he layed his head down and took his gaze off me. He fussed a little more than usual while I was standing there but no issues with me leaving.

Today's afternoon nap I was very afraid of. He fell asleep in the car around 2, which was just 3.5 hours after he woke up this morning. He slept for 15 minutes. I came home to find the roofing company at home on my roof to talk about replacing it. So, I said I needed a few minutes. I went and nursed the babe, bottle, and put him in bed. I wasn't sure if he was even super tired. BUT, then I walked out because I had to deal with the roof guy. He is still in there, lying down, not fussing, but babbling a bit. I think its pretty amazing that he let me walk out even if he isn't that tired. I think he is actually TRYING to go to bed. He might not, and that is actually ok with me since everything got screwy and it isn't really his fault. But if he will lie in his crib and rest for 30 minutes, I will call that a succesful venture.

Do you agree?

Offline tahiranisa

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2012, 19:58:20 pm »
Pretty much as soon as I posted this he started fussing. But not terribly. So, I ill hold out until it gets bad or for 15 minutes.

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2012, 20:14:41 pm »
I agree that letting you walk out whatever the circumstances is great. I hope you managed to get the day back on track, it sounds like you have your hands full.

(X)

Offline tahiranisa

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2012, 23:40:42 pm »
Alrighty ladies, I think this baby is officially sleep trained. I CAN NOT TELL YOU HOW HAPPY I AM. His last four sleeptimes (BT today, 2 naps today, BT last night) I AND the nanny were able to do our routine and walk out. We have never had to go back. It is just beyond my comprehension, to be honest.

Tonight I thought it wasn't going to work. He was pretty uninterested in nursing. He drank half a bottle but never closed his eyes. He was crying when I put him in bed. I laid him down an extra time because he jumped up as soon as I put him down. THen, I just walked out. I paused in the door but just kept going. And, you know what, he was silent the minute I left. I actually think this baby is so confident and comfortable putting himself to sleep that he actually just wants me to leave. Now, I have the next 11 hours and 20 minutes to myself. This is such an amazing feeling. I can't thank you enough Sammysmammy! I have tried to do this for almost seven months and I have never gone the full distance and I think your support made all of the difference. Thank you thank you thank you.

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2012, 09:34:13 am »
Sweetheart,

I am so so thrilled for you and your little man!  ;D And WELL DONE YOU! I could almost cry with happiness  ::) because I remember exactly what you're feeling now after sleep training Sam, it is almost beyond belief and an incredible feeling. You have done the absolute best thing for him and you and DH...

So happy for you. Do you think you have his routine in place too  ???

Here for you whenever you need an ear.

Vicki.x.

Offline tahiranisa

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2012, 12:24:37 pm »
The routine is pretty good but we still deal with early wakings some mornings.  He was up at 4:40 but resettled himself. Then 5:10 and DH let him get up. In the mornings he is much harder to get to sleep.

That and I need to work on weaning but that's another board all together!

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2012, 15:47:16 pm »
Do you want to post what his routine is Honey  ??? I can take a look and see if we can iron out those EW now  :)

(X)