Author Topic: Help me with my 5 mo old A times please, I'm so confused.  (Read 706 times)

Offline 3littleones

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Help me with my 5 mo old A times please, I'm so confused.
« on: August 27, 2012, 02:02:08 am »
Hi mamas,
Please look at my easy and help me with my A times. My twins' naps are driving me IN-sane.  From yesterday to today I've had some improvement but the last week I've had nothing but 35-40 sometimes 45 minute naps. Usually if I don't get the morning nap right, it all goes south for the day.

first some info, they're 5 mos and 1 week, 4 months adjusted. They used to sleep swaddled until yesterday I started leaving one arm out.  They eat between 3-4 hours, trying to stretch to 4.  Today was better but really short naps make 4 hour Easy hard. They share a room but today started splitting them up for naps. Interestingly enough, they both still woke at exactly the same times.

Today:
E  6 a.m. E back to sleep
A 7:40 a.m. up--tried to feed a little more milk but not interested. I'm always confused with what to do with this feed since they just ate an hour ago.
8:45 cereal
9:00 wind down
S dd 9:10, ds 9:15
A up 10 a.m
E 10:30 a.m. ds only 4 oz, dd only 1 oz
S 11:45
A 12:35 up-maybe he woke her?
E 1:00 tried a light feed before nap but didn't take much
S 1:20, 1:25--separated them for this sleep
A 2:20 up
E 2:30
S 4, 4:10--sleeping separately
A 4:35 up, tried to get back down but didn't work.
E solids 5:30, bath, jammies,
E bottle 6:30
S 7:30--sleeping together
both woke at 8:15, nurse back to sleep.
will df at 10 and ds will prob wake at 2 and 5 and 6, dd will sleep till 5, then 7.

I know if they're both doing the same things, I am creating this problem. Problem is I"m not sure how to fix it. Last good naps I had were last tues when I was going in to wind down at only 1.15 A time but catnaps were still a problem at the end of the day and it was taking a while to go to bed at night. I was trying to stretch their first nap of the day to 1.5 hr before winding down.

Any ideas???

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: Help me with my 5 mo old A times please, I'm so confused.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 05:54:08 am »
Firstly big hugs! Good on you for trying so hard to sort out sleep for your twins, it's hard enough with just 1 :-*

Typically 4 mth old A times are closer to 2 hrs, typically moving closer to 3 hrs at 6-7 mths
Your LOs being adjusted will be somewhere in between, 2 hrs at the lowest, closer to 2.5 possibly.

Your first nap of the day being 45 mins or so is likely UT. Can you try gently extending the A time closer to 2 hrs for them both? Ie if up at 7.40 then try for nap at 9.30 to start with?

With every short nap I would pull the A times back a bit too, this wll prevent OT. Howe we, you don't want to pull back too much, so if you get 35 mins after 2 hrs A then next nap for the day try maybe 1hr50

What do you think?
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.