Author Topic: constant feeding? Please help??  (Read 19097 times)

Offline Me.and.my.two.boys

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 41
  • Me and my boys ❤️
Re: constant feeding? Please help??
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2012, 22:03:03 pm »
I don't know what to do? I have barely any milk. All day my boobs have felt softer and he just isn't happy and settled after a feed. He has been nursing on and off for the last few hours and now we've come to bed he's acting like he's starving ???

I have him nursing now but I'm not sure how much there is? I suppose ill find out when I try and settle him! Not really sure what to do?
Kelly, mum of two amazing boys 2008 and 2012

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2012, 22:49:37 pm »
Early GS? I think the first happens between 1-3 weeks? :-*
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline becj86

• Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2012, 23:53:44 pm »
GS was my first thought too.

Keep in mind that breasts are milk makers, not milk storage, so they will keep making milk for him. Sometimes it doesn't feel like its happening fast enough for LO, but there is milk there and milk being made. xx

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2012, 01:56:39 am »
2-3 weeks is generally the first, but they really can happen any time.  Keep an eye on the output and don't fret about how your boobs feel.  Once the initial crazy engorged feeling goes down, it's normal for them to not feel rock hard, especially if he's feeding frequently.

• Me and my boys ❤️
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2012, 09:10:48 am »
Still had poos and plenty if wet nappies so I suppose he is getting enough. I guess after the crazy engorged feeling, softer boobs feel empty! He is feeding frequently so that will prob contribute to it.

Last night went well, he fed at 11.30, 2.45, 4.30, 6 and again at 8 this morning. Each time he went straight back in his basket and fell asleep straight away :) I am struggling to believe it will happen like that again though! Lol!

Offline *happy*

• Showing Appreciation 55
  • blessed to have found BWing.xxx
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2012, 10:34:24 am »
LOL!i was the same!DD got into that type of routine v quickly & i was always afraid i should be feeding her more!!! enjoy it!!!hoping he keeps it up!xxx

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2012, 17:32:45 pm »
You sounds like you're doing great!  :)

Offline Fiver

• Showing Appreciation 152
  • Anyone for omelette?
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2012, 20:18:53 pm »
You're doing fab, Kelly.  If you've got any concerns about milk transfer, please get in touch with a local BF support group, whether that's NCT, ABM or LLL and get someone to have a look for you.  There are some helpline numbers here too "In real life" help, Useful websites, helplines

Does sound like a GS, though - think there's meant to be one around 10 days, so you're right on track :)
*** Amanda ***

• Me and my boys ❤️
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2012, 08:15:34 am »
Oh man these nights are getting hard! I'm tired! I'm grumpy at night because I'm tired :(

Last night I had a hungry boy, he just didn't seem to want to settle after feeds - I ended up with him next to me between 2-6.30 because he just wanted fed a lot! He is feeding now and hopefully he will be a little more settled today.

I'm not engorged anymore- is it still normal for the first few sucks to be sore? I still have to clench my teeth then it gets better, weird!

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2012, 12:41:00 pm »
That did happen with me, sore for these first few sucks and then fine.  Are you getting good burps in after those nfs?  Sometimes that up and down unsettledness is just discomfort.  I found that both dd2 and ds settled much better after nfs if I spent longer burping.  I would also spend some time rocking them, rubbing their backs, etc just to make sure they were nice and settled before I put them back down.

Offline Fiver

• Showing Appreciation 152
  • Anyone for omelette?
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2012, 15:12:50 pm »
It might be worth your while getting along to a group and having a BFC or even a BF peer supporter have a little look and make sure you're getting him latched on well.  I was too afraid to go along to a group with DS, but with hindsight realise it would've been a good idea with our issues and I probably would've made some new friends too.  One of my BFFs was the BFC at the group I went to with DD and I had immediate (or more or less so) access to her around the clock, which is probably the only way we kept going (aside from sheer bloody mindedness) with DD and her TT.

All that to say that IRL help is invaluable as they can often see something that we can't online or that you might think isn't anything and so aren't describing, but they would spot :-*
*** Amanda ***

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2012, 04:41:38 am »
Hugs honey, we has unsettled feeding and general fussiness 9pm-2 am ATM so I feel your pain! It's such early days though and Things do settle down. Typically I think the pain starts to fade after 2 weeks feeding unless you have issues - I had pain for 6 weeks with Z but I had a torn nipple :(

Do you have a supportive MW that is coming over to check your latch and his feeding?  A support group is as great idea too as pp have mentioned. Xx
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

• Me and my boys ❤️
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2012, 07:36:58 am »
My local support group is every second Wednesday - ill need to find out whether its on next week. I would defo like some advice.

I'm struggling at night, he will fall asleep on me and stay asleep if I don't move him but if I move him to his Moses basket he is unsettled. Erin I will try and make sure he is properly winded, I'm so tired I've been falling asleep while feeding him too!

Latch wasn't good during the night on one side - it's feeling a lot better this morning though :)

Poor DP is feeling left out, when ds2 is awake he wants to be on me! It's tough for me but also for him! :(

Offline *happy*

• Showing Appreciation 55
  • blessed to have found BWing.xxx
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2012, 08:28:50 am »
aw hugs kelly...it's hard on the fellas alright (but still an awful lot harder on us i reckon!!!!)...could you get him to resettle him once you've finished feeding?might make him feel more involved & giv ehim a chance for some snuggles?xxx

• Me and my boys ❤️
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2012, 08:38:38 am »
Yeah, I have been doing that but ds2 still roots around looking for my boob even when he has just fed! Honestly - I don't know where he fits all the milk!

Ds1 is at school and ds2 is asleep in his carseat from the school run and I am just sitting down. I soooo need to Hoover but I can't bring myself to it. I'm just gonna sit here on my bum ;)