Author Topic: Waking toddler from a nap affecting length of other naps?  (Read 737 times)

Offline pgibb

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Waking toddler from a nap affecting length of other naps?
« on: November 27, 2012, 13:52:23 pm »
On a monday I have to wake my daughter from her nap because we have swimming she normally has 1hr 30mins + with an early night manages fine but for the rest of week she seems to wake after an hour, sometimes I can get her to go down for a but longer but I feel like its my fault for walking her on her monday coz she has her best nap of the week then. Sometimes at weekends she may have 2hrs. We always aim to have her asleep by 7pm + sleeps 11.5-12 hrs most nights so I guess she's catching up at night.

Just wondered if you think me waking her is making her have shorter naps the rest of the week?x
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 21:48:46 pm by pgibb »

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Waking toddler from a nap affecting length of other naps?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 20:50:56 pm »
To be honest I have no idea! I really wouldn't have thought so though - maybe try getting her to bed a bit earlier on a Monday and see if that makes a difference!

Laura

Offline *Kara*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Re: Waking toddler from a nap affecting length of other naps?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 04:51:44 am »
Hmm, that is a puzzler!  I would be more inclined to think she was a little UT for the nap if she is waking after an hour... could be that Monday is different as she is still recovering from a busy weekend??