Author Topic: Sleep and EASY support for twins and multiples  (Read 63884 times)

Offline kayra

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 60
  • 2 for 1!!
Re: Sleep and EASY support for twins and multiples
« Reply #150 on: September 25, 2014, 09:45:37 am »
The whole nf thing was my reasoning too, tho neither have dropped it yet ::) but overall dd is better at night than ds so..who knows.
We have a baby each at night too :) and I've told dh that when 1 does drop a feed we'll be alternating nights with the one who still has one ;)
Your must have been very tiny, which makes bf very hard, so don't beat yourself up over it. It was really hard at the beginning, and I had wanted to try ebf but soon realised that in my situation I was going to have to include formula and now that's their main food and I just bf a bit whatever few drops I have left-tho I'm starting to think it's becoming a prop for one of ds's nw..
Love the names btw :)

I know I've asked this a hundred times but how do you get them to cooperate with naps etc if they're in the same room? I'm keeping hem separate for now, but eventually they will share, how do you make that work?

Our angel Victor 06.11.10  We miss you, but look forward to the day we will see you again my love 1Cor. 15
Angel, April 2011

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #151 on: September 26, 2014, 03:48:08 am »
LOL  Well, right now, they don't really nap at set times at all so being in the same room isn't a big deal at all... I just try to get them in the crib (they share!) whenever I can... they do sleep in the crib at night together for the majority of the night.. they were in the same bed at the hospital so we just kept up with it really.  That said, we are thinking of getting their room sorted so that they can each be in their own cribs soon.

The girls weren't all that tiny actually!  Sophia was 5lbs 3ozs (2350g) and Charlotte was 4lbs 14ozs (2220g).  Not bad for being so early really!  S was 19" and C was 18.75" tall (same as DD1 who was born at 40+2).

Offline babybarr

• Showing Appreciation 224
« Reply #152 on: September 27, 2014, 20:37:24 pm »
Kayra it is a nightmare sometimes as they wake each other but yk I just felt it was easier from the outset. However mine took a lot of naps in their carseats at that age. It was only really at 6mths or so that things changed!

Kara those are really good weights. Mine were 5lbs 10oz and 4lbs 15oz at 38+1.
LAURA xx

Offline Katejk

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #153 on: September 28, 2014, 12:18:11 pm »
My twins are 4 1/2 months now are are just about going through the night. I put them down for 6.30 df at 10.30 then usually they go though till 6 am but have recently started waking at 4ish to chat. Sometimes for over an hour! They aren't cold or hungry. We aren't on a set routine (desperately trying)! They are in their own room.

Very loose routine

6am wake (don't go in till 6.30)
7am 6 oz - don't always want this bottle!
7.30/45 nap 30 mins
10am nap 30 mins
11am 6 oz
12pm nap 30 mins
1.30 nap 30 mins
2.30 6oz
3.30 nap 30 mins
6pm 6oz
6.30 bed
Df 10.30 6 oz

Looking at it it looks like I'm doing EASYSY

Arrrgghh!! Any advice please?

Thanks

Offline 4isstillnighttime

• Showing Appreciation 14
« Reply #154 on: September 30, 2014, 13:02:42 pm »
Just a quick one as I'm at work....but hi everyone!! :-*

I will come back and tell you about how we got them to sleep in the same room.....but I just wanted to say to Kara (and kayra!) that BFing twins is hard, formula is a brilliant way to feed them!! I BF mine but I feel VERY STRONGLY (don't i, kayra?!) that it really isn't that important in the grand scheme of things, and I get MASSIVE RAGE if I think any mum (twins or singleton) is feeling bad about not BFing. As long as the babies are fed, loved and cleanish then everyone is doing brilliantly. And we all deserve some biscuits and a back rub.

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #155 on: September 30, 2014, 18:47:06 pm »
Hear hear Liz :) and bring on the biscuits and chocolate and cake... :)

Kara, do you find that your twins kind of sync more easily because they're identical? I think everyone else here is fraternal.

I just want to say that I'm totally enjoying my 2 right now, didn't think I'd be saying that, but they're just smiley and cute :) dd is generally just content to sit in the bouncy chair except for evenings when she'd rather be held. Ds is more on the go but still fairly easy to entertain. They bring a smile to the face of anyone who sees them, at church they're passed around b/c everyone wants a turn to hold them and they cope well for the most part. I'm not fooled to believe that it will always be so pleasant but right now they're delightful :)

Looking forward to hearing more same room stories, Laura is it generally the same one who wakes the other? Is it on purpose now that they're bigger?
Kate, did you start a thread about your 2?

Our angel Victor 06.11.10  We miss you, but look forward to the day we will see you again my love 1Cor. 15
Angel, April 2011

Offline Katejk

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #156 on: October 01, 2014, 04:48:48 am »
I did but haven't had a reply from anyone yet x

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #157 on: October 01, 2014, 17:21:17 pm »
Will pop over and look, did you see my comments on the birthclub thread?

Angel, April 2011

Offline Katejk

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #158 on: October 01, 2014, 17:50:33 pm »
No don't think so. Don't come on here very often so still trying to get to grips with it. Please don't think I'm ignoring you x

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #159 on: October 01, 2014, 17:55:56 pm »
Didn't think that, no worries :)  :-*

Angel, April 2011

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #160 on: October 02, 2014, 04:07:46 am »
Mine do sync fairly easily, yes.  Identicals do have similar metabolisms so for the most part, they wake within 15 mins or so of each other overnight and during the day.

Liz - yes!

Offline 4isstillnighttime

• Showing Appreciation 14
« Reply #161 on: October 02, 2014, 18:29:00 pm »
Popping in for virtual biscuits! Mine synced eventually but it was a LOT of work and a lot of buggy naps to get them into the swing of things. wRT sharing a room....I basically waited until my better sleeper (Z) was ill or teething or something and not sleeping well, and put them together then. My reasoning was that I may as well bite the bullet when everything was bad, and at least I was in the same room dealing with both!

We are having awful nights here. And pretty bad naps. I know babies sleep badly when they are learning to crawl and things, could it be because they are learning to talk? Or am I clutching at straws!!  ;D

Laura,
I've just joined the 12-18 month thread - come and keep me company!! And Kate, I'll go and bump your thread now.

Love and chocolate!!

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #162 on: October 03, 2014, 18:14:33 pm »
*passing round some cake*
Interesting system Liz, so was it a bit of a mess when they started sharing? Did things kind of settle after Z was back to normal?

Could it be a wonder week Liz? There's supposed to be one around 55, 64 and 75 weeks.

Angel, April 2011

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #163 on: October 08, 2014, 16:26:33 pm »
Just popping in for a glass of wine!  Please tell me this will get easier... had a good cry a few days ago.. babies were both screaming and so was the toddler.. good times!

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #164 on: October 08, 2014, 19:41:15 pm »
Have a top up Kara! I have huge respect for you, I had my parents the first 3 months and that's what kept me sane, not to mention my oldest is 2 yrs older than yours. It truly does get better though, I think 15 weeks was a turning point for us, and then 4 months has been good despite a bit of sleep regression at first. I found that as their a times got to 1.5 hours and they started self settling it made a huge difference. Big big hugs!!!!

Angel, April 2011