Author Topic: Sleep and EASY support for twins and multiples  (Read 63236 times)

Offline 4isstillnighttime

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
Re: Sleep and EASY support for twins and multiples
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2014, 07:40:36 am »
Hi everyone, sorry to have been AWOL again - work is really taking it out of me and by the time I'm gone, kids in bed, washing on etc.....I have been falling asleep on the sofa!!

Beth, well done on the 2-1. Must be a relief to be done and be able to get more done in your day. Need details ready for when these 2 think about it!

Kayra - I literally spent hours bouncing in the bouncy chair. Or tandem feeding then letting them sleep on the BF pillow.

Laura - how are those boys? On my way over to your sleep thread to investigate! When are you back to work? I have to be honest that I call mine "the twins", "the kids", "the girls" a LOT - probably shouldn't!! Just lazy!!

Nat - how's the BFing??

As for us....the girls are ill again....up at 4:30  :o  both fell asleep in the car 8-8:30 and not sure what to do now!!

Offline kayra

• Showing Appreciation 60
  • 2 for 1!!
« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2014, 19:19:46 pm »
how's everyone doing? You're on my mind a lot Beth xx

we're doing ok, as they are getting more alert (when its time to sleep of course not eat ::) ) getting them to sleep is getting more challenging, so lots of holding, rocking..which i'm not a fan of but b/c the feed still takes a good while we mostly miss the hour mark and have to help them get to sleep...i'm still bf and supplementing.
Are the girls better Lily?
Laura, how's everything?
We're off to my parents on saturday for the next 6 weeks..trying to figure out sleeping arrangements. What age did your LO's start waking each other? We're trying to decide if we'll be able to put them in the same travel cot or not..

hope everyone's well
xx

Our angel Victor 06.11.10  We miss you, but look forward to the day we will see you again my love 1Cor. 15
Angel, April 2011

Offline babybarr

• Showing Appreciation 224
« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2014, 11:25:15 am »
We're off to my parents on saturday for the next 6 weeks..
Wow!  Good luck with that!
I would put them in the same travel cot, when mine went to my mums even up to fairly recently they slept together.  I think it's nice for them to have each other close in a new environment.  Mine don't necessarily wake each other now... it just depends really!

Things ok(ish) here although had an awful night last night.  I'm totally blaming the humid weather here.  I'm back at work next Tuesday...argh.  DH is in charge!
LAURA xx

« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2014, 12:33:29 pm »
Is your DH doing your childcare Laura? Good luck with work.....

Mine shared a travel cot til about 4 months but were seperate at home. I agree w Laura, they can reassure each other! Massive respect for even trying any kind of routine etc!!

Beth - hugs and love. Hope the blood taking is ok today  :'(

As for us - the girls are pretty much better bit C's sleep has taken a hot, and the hot weather doesn't help! She woke up about 3 or 4 times last night but had had 2 2h naps in the day so think she still has catching up to do. My v experienced CM says to let her sleep out her naps again today so that's what we are doing.

Love to you all and lovely twin hugs!!

Offline babybarr

« Reply #94 on: June 24, 2014, 18:24:59 pm »
Is your DH doing your childcare Laura?
Yes!  and he's rather apprehensive!  I'm a teacher and so have 13wks off a year and he hated his job.  I'm hoping this will enable our family to have more time quality time together and also stop our weekends and evenings being filled with endless jobs.

Beth - I hugely emphathise on the blood taking.  Personally from experience if they haven't got it after 3 attempts they're unlikely too.  I would not let them try anymore than that if she is distressed.  Just say no.  you can bring her back another day.  Some tips though are keep her warm and very very well hydrated.  This helps them find the veins.  Is she having emla cream?

Lily 2 2hr naps...that sounds like a dream.
LAURA xx

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2014, 10:44:09 am »
Seems like a sensible move laura, hope it goes well! Your dh wont know what will have hit him :p
Its been a bit rough here, they want to be held for sleep most of the time it seems, its really taking a toll on my mum :( she's started to bit enjoy them so much :( so im starting to regret our decision to be at theirs for the next 6 weeks... Cant change anything now of course. Im hoping that my dad being there will make some kind of difference.. It would help if one of the babies gave their first smile to her:p i appreciate her help immensely but dont like having this burden/guilt on my plate as well, and i know shed be upset to know i felt that way. So theres nothing to do, i just vent to who i can ::)

Our angel Victor 06.11.10  We miss you, but look forward to the day we will see you again my love 1Cor. 15
Angel, April 2011

« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2014, 11:21:58 am »
It's tough kayra. I really sympathise with you. I was thinking today how hard it was when they were small. It does get much better very quickly, and I'm sure she's delighted to have you all staying. And they will smile soon and it will all seem much better.  Take good care of yourself, that's so important, and take each day at a time. And vent away!!

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2014, 19:03:45 pm »
thanks  :-* It's good to hear that things get better quickly. I honestly think the smiling will help, DS will love that too :)
these early days are hard-though already so much easier than the first days. I can't help but look forward to the months ahead. Today I had my obgyn check and he said to come in 6 mths for a smear test and I was thinking wow they'll be 7 mths then, is that really going to happen?...it seemed unbelievable, as though that bigger stage is always going to be something I imagine but not going to happen.
my mum's a bit better now, which is a relief, helps to vent though ;) Lets hope tonight isn't too bad. Thankfully these little munchkins are really cute or else putting up with all this would be harder!! :)

Angel, April 2011

Offline babybarr

« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2014, 19:46:41 pm »
Kayra so many hugs.  Now at 9mths I still can't believe there's two of them yk?  I'm now over 3/4 of the way to a year and I NEVER thought it'd come.  I mean I know my situation and struggles are different to yours but it's ok to find it tough.  My boys smiled right about 6wks (not 6wks from due date but from birth date iyswim?!) so not long to go for yours. 

I'm struggling myself today.  However I went to the supermarket and I was coming down the travelator with my boys and going up was a mum with B/G twins about 2months old!  We gave each other empathetic smiles ;)  I think it's the first time I've seen twins when out with my two.

LAURA xx

« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2014, 20:34:16 pm »
Yy Laura, the special twin smile!! It's like being in a secret society!!

Hugs to both of you. I hope you're ok. Remember that twins is incredibly hard, don't compare yourselves I anyone esp those smug singleton mums. Your babies are lucky to have each other and lucky to have you.

Beth - thinking of you and your little ones.

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #100 on: June 26, 2014, 09:16:12 am »
I can't help keep thinking, gosh I could do this with my eyes closed if it were just 1 :P I know that's not how I felt with DS1 ::) but with experience and now having 2 it feels like it would be a doddle with 1. We are coping, my mums in a much better mood so that helps. You know how they say as a mother of a baby the mothers health and mood is so important, I guess that's the same even when you're an adult :P
Laura you truly have done so well, I think their first birthday is going to be a massive celebration for all of you :)
Beth, like Lily said, thinking of you!

Angel, April 2011

Offline Uglybethy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 12
  • First time mummy to twin girls.
« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2014, 23:41:28 pm »
Hello ladies
Sorry I've been MIA for a few days. I've been checking in when I can but with two very clingy babies it's been difficult to get a minute to type much!
Following the leukaemia scare with B we now have both girls with coughs and colds. P vomits every time she has a coughing fit in the night ( she was my refluxer) so we've been up changing sheets and bathing her a couple of times a night this week... Not denying it it's been hell! Bbt that aside the girls have been as good as gold. I just find myself looking at B now (since the Epstein Barr virus thing) and wondering if she's feeling awful, or perhaps shes just always felt awful and knows no different and it breaks my heart!
It's good to hear how you're all doing.. Lily, surviving the back to work transition, kayra surviving your mother (just!) and Laura, back to work for you soon too... Watching and supporting you closely as you make this transition.
Love and hugs as always
Beth

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #102 on: June 29, 2014, 05:32:25 am »
Hugs beth, yo really need a break don't you!!! Hope the girls are better soon, you poor things :(
We made it to my parents safe and sound,  they've really made an amazing effort to get everything ready.
We're doing ok overall except that dd  has decided that She needs to be held or be next to someone to sleep ::) hopefully itsjust a phase, it cant really become a bad habit before 3 months can it?
Love to all xxx

Angel, April 2011

« Reply #103 on: June 30, 2014, 15:31:19 pm »
Beth, it sounds rough. Hope the girls are getting better. It must have been such an awful time for you all. I know what you mean about worrying B has always felt awful....I just though C was a real screamer until my friend diagnosed the reflux...and within 24 hours of starting meds she was like a different baby! The guilt.....but I reckon all mums do it to a certain extent. My friend got sent out to play with a broken leg when we were little! WRT the sheets, when C was little I used to layer them so if she was sick in the night I just had to whip the top one off and there was a clean one underneath. If she's vomiting a lot you could do a waterproof sheet as well so you could bundle up the dirty sheet and waterproof and have nice clean ones underneath. Saves rummaging around at 3am!! Are you still waiting on any tests for the EBV?

Kayra - I read that bad habits can't start before 4 months so you should be fine! What a little sweetie! How's things at your mums?

Laura - are you back at work tomorrow?!?! Eeeeek!!!!

No news here. My 2 are EWing to beat the band but it's difficult to tweak because of the CM...so we are trying to muddle through for a bit longer then will try. Will need lots of handholding though!!

Love to you all!!!

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #104 on: June 30, 2014, 16:31:02 pm »
Sorry about the ews lily, any idea whats causing it?
We're ok tho atbtimes i wonder howni'l manage 6 weeks...
I feel like im constantly feeding babies..sick of having my boobs out all the time ::) they're still having bottles too but dd wants to comfort suck alor it seems..

Angel, April 2011