Author Topic: A time!  (Read 11670 times)

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: A time!
« Reply #120 on: November 17, 2014, 11:46:03 am »
Oh poor you, especially when it was going so well!

I do think it's strange she's reverted back to the 45mins cat nap. Sometimes here that can be discomfort like a blocked nose etc. Is she waking up happy again? If so, it might be worth moving on that nap by another 15-30mins. It may be that with those NW's though she may have built up some OT. What do you think? How's her mood?

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #121 on: November 17, 2014, 13:51:55 pm »
She does have a blocked nose. Her mood is not okay at all. She just did wake up by 40 minutes, and was crying without stopping, firts we went down stairs she really didnt want to sleep, but then she only cried and i went back up again and she slept in my bed in my arms, like in total 2hours.

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2014, 19:05:29 pm »
Hopefully that'll catch her up on sleep at least. Sometimes we just have to do all we can to get them over illness and OT. Hopefully when she's feeling a bit better she'll get back to her (now) usual nap pattern x

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #123 on: December 09, 2014, 18:44:00 pm »
Hello,

Here a updated, whe have been in the hospital with our lo, she had her nose almond and tube in her ear. I hope this is the good translation  ::).
This is maybe why she sleeps so bad. She is now recovering. She slept yesterday suddenly again till 8. This was a long time ago.
What i wanted to ask if she sleeps this late, and i have now my naps sets at 12,30 and bt at 7. Do i have to changes this. I am thinking that then maybe 12.30 to early but if she goes later to sleep 7 will be early.what do you do, if a lo sleeps longer, and what if she does one day 7 or 6. Can you help me? I don t now. Any way i hope i will get this problem  ;D. Since we changed to winter time she wakes between 5.30 and 6.30.

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #124 on: December 09, 2014, 19:15:09 pm »
Oh poor little mite. I'm not sure exactly what has happened, but being in hospital is never good. Hope she feels better soon.

I suppose it is a nice problem to have sleeping into 8! Problem may be that she's just catching up on missed sleep whilst she was ill, but in any case if you wanted to keep to the 8am wake ups I'd be tempted to move the whole routine on so I think that would be nap at 1.30 then BT at 8? I can't remember now what time we based your last routine on, was it a wake up of 7am? Hopefully that would reset her body clock to stop waking up at 5.30!

If not, you may find she does a few extra hours sleep at night while she is recovering then reverting back to the old routine? So I think it's up to you really... What time would you prefer her to wake to fit in with you and your family?

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #125 on: December 18, 2014, 13:00:15 pm »
Hello

She is okay now, it was because ear infection problems they helped her. But she is okay.

I really want het to wake up by 7-7.30 She was sleeping extra so she does not wake at 8. :-\ anymore.

She almost wake now at 6 or 6,30.  Sleeps at 12.30 bt at 7.  She still has nw. Sometimes she sleeps a few day good. How long is the day for a baby of this age ? How many hours awake without the nap. I want to try a later bedtime so she maybe wakes between 7 7,30 like before?  Do you have suggetions? I hope someday she will learn  how to sleep through night she is now 14 months!

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #126 on: December 18, 2014, 14:37:05 pm »
So glad to hear she's feeling better. How long is her nap hun? I would aim to keep to a 13-hr day but that would really be dependent on the nap length.

As your still working on set nap and BT, an idea would be to move the day onwards like we did with daylight savings. So moving the nap and BT forward by 15mins every 3-4 days. Hopefully then within a couple,of weeks you may get to an 8pm BT with a 7pm wu?

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #127 on: December 20, 2014, 17:48:37 pm »
Her nap is between 1 hour or 1 and a half hardly longer.  Don t you think this is really short nap?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 17:53:12 pm by mary12 »

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #128 on: December 20, 2014, 17:50:09 pm »
That is not much would you still recommend 13 hour day?

Do you olso have any suggestion about the nw? Since she is born she did maybe sleep 3 weeks trough the night.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 17:52:05 pm by mary12 »

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #129 on: December 21, 2014, 08:08:24 am »
How is she at the NW's? Is she easy to resettle? How do you resettle her? Sorry for all the questions, it might give me an idea as to what is going on.

No that's not much of a nap. 1.5hrs is preferable really. Do you notice when she sleeps longer? Is it after a bad night or when she wakes at 6 rather than 6.30?

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #130 on: December 21, 2014, 12:42:39 pm »
Before i did give her pacifier, put music on and did stroke her head, she went back to sleep. A lot of times she also screams till i pick her up, we go to my room and she is not sleeping for sometimes one hour, she lays still between us, when i see she is falling a sleep she goes back to her room. So before she was much more easy to resettle, now she sometimes want me to pick her up.

I really don t see a connection with her day sleep. Sometimes she sleeps 1. hour and 30 minutes, other time only 1 hour, this with different nights. The last week she did refuse 2 times to sleep in the day. She really was exhausted at the and of the day. Really did not know what to do. But anyway this was only one time.

I now that sometimes she sleeps till 8 because she is catching up sleep. Normal if she now awake at 6 she is tired. Every day i pick her up at 6 put her in my bed, but she does not sleep.
This does not mean she sleeps longer in the  day. Again i don t see a connection. Most of the time she does sleep good til 12 in the night, between 12 and 6 is mostly when she wakes. Sometimes 4 times i give her pacifier and she goes back to sleep, sometime she is awake 1 hour and she is in my bed. I then try to put her back when i thinks she is calm to sleep. She wakes crying. Sometimes she crying very soft and she goes back to sleep on her on.

But my problem is that we don t see a connection in her sleep. I do see she is tired also at night, she is not awake because she has to much sleep. I don t believe this, she also does not sleep much in the day to have this problem at night. If she sleep like 1 and a half or longer in the day and good in the night i do have a much happier child. So yes i do notice if she sleeps longer. I have the feeling that waking at six for her to soon is, i really think she needs 12 hours at night especially because the day naps is not so long. When we did change to winter time we did lost 1 hour of sleep. So before she slept 12 hours and longer sometimes.

You can ask everything you want :) i hope i will find a solution, because this is so exhausting for us. Its difficult with such a lack of sleep to continue with the day pffff.

Both me and my husband where good sleepers as baby. So it  is a surprise why she sleeps like this. I also have good structure in the day  and not much stimulation so she will have a calm day. But this does not help.

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #131 on: December 22, 2014, 06:44:35 am »
I think it's a really difficult one tbh. What I'd like to try is to see whether she's overtired? That is quite a long day on a smallish nap, so how about we try BT 12hrs after she wakes in the morning?

This would mean if she wakes at 6am, nap at 12.30pm as usual for however long she sleeps, then BT at 6pm. I would try this for 3 days to see if she catches up and reverts back to her 12 hrs at night.

If she does catch up and the NW's settle down, we can then look at shifting the whole day on like we do with daylight savings. Wdyt? Worth a go?

Also, if she does sleep the 12 hrs at night, it would be unrealistic to expect her to sleep much longer so bringing her into your bed at 6am wouldn't work. I have a feeling she's getting used to waking up at that time so she can get extra mummy cuddles in! Would you consider not doing this for awhile (at least the 3days) to see if it breaks the habit. I know it'll be difficult starting your day at 6am when you want it to be later, but it'll only be for the short term hopefully ok? Let me know? X

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #132 on: December 22, 2014, 10:09:46 am »
But she is inconsistent what about the nap keeping this always at 12,30? I normally did put her in bed at 6.30 if she sleep less then 1,30. Is this not the same? And what if she sleeps longer? I don t nowhow to do. But she already goes in at 6,30 if she sleeps like 1 hour and 15 minutes, is this not the same?

She did sleep only 1 hour yesterday she went to bed at 6,30, she did wake at 5. This is very early went to her room stay there and 1 hour later she fall a sleep till 7.30. Now she is crying because she is tired.

Ofcourse i will pick her out bed if she sleeps good 12 hours and we later can change time.

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #133 on: December 22, 2014, 12:44:12 pm »
I think we're going have to be consistent for a few days, that might even mean waking her in the morning too to keep on track. The fact she woke at 5am this morning makes me think there definitely is some OT at play here.

I think you might have to wake her at 6.30am as that's her average time atm, set the nap at 12.30 then BT at 6.30pm if she has a 1.5hr nap, even 6pm if she has an hour nap. I know that seems early but we need to give her the opportunity to catch up. I'm thinking when she sleeps in until 7.30/8, then has her nap at 12.30, she's having an UT nap and therefore going through a bit of an UT/OT loop that's proving difficult to get out of. Does that make sense?

You've done everything right with the set nap and BT. Sometimes, they just get a bit extra tired through either those NW's or that UT/OT loop I mentioned earlier and need a little but of extra help to get back on track x

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #134 on: December 22, 2014, 13:11:17 pm »
Okay, i will try. She now slept again 1 hour 10 minutes. So she goes in by 6. Okay, i will try this but with christmas days it will be difficult at six. So those two days wil be later.

But what is the plan if she catch up sleep? Do you think she will have a longer naps. Those days she sleeps till 8 are not much, maybe in total 3 weeks or so. But if she os ot /ut why is this since she was born.? They tell me here let her cry for one week and don t go in.

And if she wakes by six? Or earlier?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 13:16:32 pm by mary12 »