Author Topic: 1 year old really doesn't like the stroller sometimes  (Read 2004 times)

Offline tamlev

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
1 year old really doesn't like the stroller sometimes
« on: July 27, 2014, 05:34:15 am »
Hi,
I am not sure this is the place to post but couldn't find any other place that is remotely connected...
Our DD is 1 year and she is very playfull, happy and friendly.
When we put her in the stroller she gets VERY upset and cries with such a sad face. About a month ago we got her a toy for the stroller that is strapped in front of her on the tray, this is a mini activity center that resembles a steering wheel with buttons, handles etc. it has nice music and she likes to play with it.
This usually happens when we leave after playtime (either from the gradparents to home, or in the morning to kindergarten (after she had played in the house)).
Sometimes we end up giving her something to hold which we'd rather not (like our keys...). Other times we end up holding her insted of her sitting in the stroller.
She is getting heavy and we don't want this to become a habit.

We try to sing to her and distract but when she cries she really isn't happy about it...
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Tammy

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 1 year old really doesn't like the stroller sometimes
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 05:46:40 am »
Snack in the stroller?  Variety of toys you can change round to keep her interest?  Don't suppose she could be tired at times she's in the stroller and crying for that reason?

Offline tamlev

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 05:53:22 am »
Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply...
The problem is that when I bend down to put her in she holds on tight and won't let me put her down and then the crying starts and it is hard to calm her down. Even with a toy.
The problem is, she throws the things she is holding on the sides of the stroller (sippy cup, toy etc.) so I end up picking up and I am afraid of loosing toys... That's why we got her the activity center that straps on the tray in the front.
Regarding snacks, we have a mealtime schedule and I don't like giving snacks since she isn't really hungry and I don't want her getting used to always eating while on the go (car/stroller).
I will try some other toys and maybe giving her something to hold before strapping her in.

Thanks!

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 06:01:21 am »
What about a baby carrier? Maybe she just wants a bit more cuddle time?

Is she walking? What about letting her walk a bit then she may happily jump in the stroller...

Offline tamlev

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 06:10:14 am »
We have a baby bjorn carrier but it is not for her weight anymore.
I will think about the option of a different carrier.
She doesn't walk by herself yet. She is learning to stand on her own (and loves doing that!) and she walks when we hold her hands.
thanks fot he tips..

Offline 4 under 5

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 21:47:06 pm »
Distraction is good.
Before I would put her into the stroller I would say in a real excited voice 'hey look at that over there.(be it a tree, a girl, a shop, anything) ' and lifting her and placing her into the seat, still saying do you want to go over to see etc... By the time you know it she's strapped in.
Little snacks are good while they are in the stroller if they are getting a little restless.