Author Topic: 10 month old standing up screaming- help!!  (Read 566 times)

Offline madmillie92

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
10 month old standing up screaming- help!!
« on: August 28, 2014, 21:07:29 pm »
So I originally used cc to get my son to self settle as I used to rock him, which worked perfectly, but then after a couple of blissful weeks of sleeping through the night, eight (yes eight!) teeth decided to come through, one after the other, leading to more waking up at night. I didn't want to leave him in pain so started giving him a bottle to settle.
After his teething stopped at about 8.5 months he would still wake up twice for a bottle but it was no hassle as he would hold it, then find his dummy and self settle afterwards, so I left it like that for a few weeks.
However, after reading how bad this could be to his new teeth I decided to try and reduce his bottles during the night by adding gradually less powder and made a plan to start after our weeks holiday away. But then he magically learnt, whilst on holiday, how to crawl and pull himself up which is wrecking havoc with his sleep.
I got home a few days ago and he is now waking every couple of hours or more and standing at the end if his cot closest to the door, screaming till I go in...he settles after I put him down a couple of times only to wake up half an hour later...im exhausted! The only thing that settles him for a few hours is a bottle...how can I get him out of these habits, im at a complete loss!

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: 10 month old standing up screaming- help!!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 18:33:43 pm »
Hi and welcome to BW. So sorry you're having a tough time,of it at the moment. 8 teeth in one go?! I'm amazed you both survived that  ;)

It might be helpful if you could post your easy throughout the day for us to take a peek at to check nothing stands out that could be causing the  NW's. So ideally it'll look like this:

Wu 7
E bottle oz/ml 7.15
E solids 8.15
A
S 10.30-

Etc etc all the way up to BT.

How does he settle for naps? Is it just BT that's the issue?

Sorry for all the questions, it just helps to try and see the big picture. In the meantime could you try and sooth him using either pu/pd or ssh/pat rather than cc? Tracy was firmly against any version of CIO as she believed it broke the bond of trust between a LO and its caregiver. I'll post some links about this is a mo x

Cry it out (CIO): 10 reasons why it is not for us

Why is PU/PD different to CC/CIO?

Shush-pat - How to

How to PU/PD (inc age adaptations)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 18:37:21 pm by Kellyjs »