Author Topic: starting up EASY int 5th week - nap issues.  (Read 1220 times)

Offline Crispysage

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
starting up EASY int 5th week - nap issues.
« on: September 15, 2014, 07:28:38 am »
My LO is in his 5th week - was 10 days overdue and a 10lb at birth. He is thriving and mostly sleeping well at night. During the day he doesn't fuss much - as soon as he shows cues I put him down and if I give him Paci he will lie there semi-sleeping (eyes open.. drift off.. surface..) I usually have him VERY well swaddled so not much jolting. I have a block out cover over him (like a tent) which helps for when his eyes are open to keep him from stimulation.

Thing is - if I stay in the room to help him through transitions, it seems to keep him awake.

If I leave he queitens down ... until he wakes when the paci comes out.

So I am never sure if he is sleeping. Plus I hate the fact that he needs the paci all the time - I had hoped to give it to him only at night, now he needs it more in the day.

If DH rocks him or we put him in stroller/sling he will drop straight off, but I want to avoid AP unless APOP is absolutely necessary!

So the question is - to stay or go?

Offline weaver

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
Re: starting up EASY int 5th week - nap issues.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 13:05:20 pm »
I suppose the short answer is 'hide'! ;)

By which I mean, where are you in the room when you stay to help him through transitions?  I went to the extreme of sitting on the floor beside the cot, where I knew I couldn't be seen, and just popping up when needed.  :) But, I want to ask if he has a pattern of waking a transitions, if not, then you don't need to stay.
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.

Offline Crispysage

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: starting up EASY int 5th week - nap issues.
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 19:37:05 pm »
Thanks Weaver! I don't know if I read this till now!!!