Author Topic: Waking after BT.What`s going on?  (Read 1394 times)

Offline dache

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 22
Waking after BT.What`s going on?
« on: October 07, 2014, 18:34:53 pm »
I think that waking after BT falls into night waking so Im posting here. But if its not it can be moved to where it fits best.

I know that waking after bt can mean that she is OT but Ive tried so hard to make sure that doesnt happen and she wakes night after night.
Sometimes she is really OT. She has had short naps  or long A time before bt. She wakes after 1.5-2h after bt, id feed her and she goes back to sleep most of the times.
But the last week she wakes up 10-30 minutes after bt and cries. Sometimes it sounds like a mantra cry and I leave her hoping that she goes back to sleep but it usually escalates and I have to pick her up. And I feel so bad listening to her cry, even if its just mantra.
There are times when she just doesnt seems tiered and Ill take her in the living room with me, sit with her and try to put her down every 15 minutes.
I`ve tired so many different things
I`ve tried rocking but she has always hated that. Making bt as early as 6, 7.30..., music, putting my hand on her chest, putting my or dh Tshirt in her cot, bath, no bath, having wind down music an hour even 2 before bt. I know Tracy says be consistent but what worked yesterday its not working today!
She keeps waking. She goes back to sleep at different times, Sunday it was 10!

Im tiered and embarrassed of posting here. I feel like Im occupying the forum. NW, bottle feeding, CRC, solids...Im all over the place.And beyond that, Im starting to feel like a failure as a mum. Naps, nights, feeds...I keep trying and cant seem to get things right for her.
I have been reading, searching an explanation to what is going on and why she`s waking and I dont have any idea
Any thoughts to what might be going on? Or how to deal with it?

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: Waking after BT.What`s going on?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 18:51:25 pm »
Hey Hun, don't be disheartened or feel embarrassed, we've all btdt in some way and you have had a rough tide so far. She hasn't been well and tts complicated things.

She's in prime sr territory. Plus they increase their A times a bit at this age. What does her routine look like ATM?

Is this the only NW now? Or are their others. What do you do at other NW :-\ I do wonder if she needs dome st! and I know the crying is hard but if she is well, and you think your a bit of a prop then it really is the only way forward other than riding it out ...
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline KookyK

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 19:23:33 pm »
My DS has done this from weeks old until about 12 months. It got better when I was really careful about him being q awake when I put him to bed as he was often quite drowsy. I'd read a story just before putting him in bed to help stop him being too drowsy. It's totally gone since I changed the way I responded to his crying at BT and NWs - he is now 13 months and WIWo has solved it totally.
DD jan 2008
DS August 2013

Offline dache

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 20:09:55 pm »
I wish it was the only nw. She has 1-5 nw. Bc she was teething there were nights when we were more awake then sleeping.
Waking like this after bt is new. And tonight was better. Bt 7 woke up at 9,feed her and she went back to sleep with minimum fuss.
She woke up with a cold today. Its quite bad,snotty nose,eyes red and tearing,coughs and snezzes a lot.maybe that was it?
I was thinking SA too, but she was crying when I was holding her.i try to cuddle with her during before i put her in the crib butshe i not into it.
KookyK how did you changed the way you respond to Lo's cries?

Ahhh, nope she is up now again.there is something going on for sure. Ill have to ride it out.
Ill post routine letter

Offline KookyK

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 05:10:23 am »
Walk in walk out - I go jn and reassure v briefly then leave for 2 mins, and repeat! If its the night I wait to see if its proper crying and stays persistent.
DD jan 2008
DS August 2013

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2014, 19:03:30 pm »
Well you can't do much while she's sick with a cold. Get through the next few days and see if things settle.
Hopefully a routine tweak will help, and if your comfortable you could try some GW or PD/WO x
***Sara***

Offline dache

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2014, 18:22:19 pm »
It seems nights are getting better. FX we are out of this! It was very very hard.
She is sleeping better these few nights, it seems even with the cold she is better then 3 nights ago.
A very bad GS?! If it was it was the worst yet.

Right now her routine is like this

wu& bottle 6.30-7
breakfast 8.30
nap 10:00/15-11:30/12
bottle after nap
lunch 12:30
second nap 1-1,5h and is between 2 and 3. capped between 4/4.30 depending of her day
tea 5
bottle 6:45/7
bt 7.30 the latest

She seems to be getting more A time now, so yes, routine tweaking might be needed.
Im weaning her nf and it seems to be doing ok.  FX and many many vibes and I can see her sleeping more then 3-4h :)

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 08:03:13 am »
Looks good. You may need to start capping one nap a bit shorter or making the day a touch longer if she starts being more awake again at night, or fighting naps x
***Sara***

Offline dache

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 08:39:47 am »
She was doing better and then last night wu 9.30, but she settled easy, but two nights ago she woke up at 10 and I managed to settle her after midnight.
I`ve stopped feeding her when she wakes for 3 nights now but she still has nws, plus a lot of fuss and crying during the day, and we are all with a cold-Im exhausted.
Some of the nw sound like mantra cry. I`m guessing she is teaching her self to self settle instead of the bottle?
If she does the mantra cry for a longer periods-20, 30 minutes, an hour, do I go in?Or wait it out?
I sound desperate (and I am when you add everything up) but with out the night feed I feel we have seen some progress.
Thank you so much for your help and support.

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 04:44:42 am »
mantra crying is a tough one, I tended to go in if my kids weren't settling even if they're not 'crying' either. Usually I'd give 20 mins or so. ;)

How are things going now?
***Sara***

Offline dache

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 13:40:42 pm »
well, she sttn (one v short waking for the paci, I did not had to go in) the day before yesterday. But last night she had multiple nw.
I still get nw or hard time settling at bt, and I still cant figure out why.  ???
She gets excited about everything and is practicing walking a lot. So maybe by the end of the day she is over stimulated? But wouldnt long wind down help with that?

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2014, 09:24:02 am »
The walking could well be disrupting sleep. If playing around with an earlier bt doesn't help (just to rule out OT from the walking) then it's likely developmental, teething or a prop issue. :-\ fwiw toms sleep was awful between 10-11 mths ::)
***Sara***