Author Topic: 7.5 MONTHS SLEEP ISSUES DAY/NIGHT  (Read 573 times)

Offline mommamo

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 22, 2014, 04:34:30 am »
Hello!

My sweet little one is 7.5 months. From the day she was born i have been following the Baby Whisper's advice. She has been on the EASY schedule from the beginning. She was sleeping through the night at 12 weeks...until 5 months. Ever since then i,

Put her down around 9PM
then she wakes up every 45 minutes until about 11PM
then she sleeps til 1:30AM
Then i just bring her into bed with me where i nurse her and we fall asleep(I know this is totally my fault and need help fixing it!)

Because she sleeps with me she will sleep in til about 9:30/10AM
She use to take 3, 45 minute naps..But now i keep her awake for 4 hours and SOMETIMES she will sleep for 3 hours but most often she sleeps for 45 minutes.

I realize this is all my fault. I tried everything to fix her day time schedule with the PU/PD method and such for 2 weeks and she only slept for 2 hours once. I know she needs sleep and i so badly want to help her and i'm running out of issues.

Help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you!!!

Offline Ima shel Alon

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 204
  • Alon was once a tiny baby
Re: 7.5 MONTHS SLEEP ISSUES DAY/NIGHT
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 09:21:42 am »
Hi!

Have you tried consistently putting her for her naps after 4h A time? Like for 4-5 days in a row? Would she still nap for only 45min? How is waking from her naps, happy and chatty or cranky and crying?

4h A time is a pretty high A time at her age, was she always really high on A times? You can have a look here what is the average at her age: Average A times- BOOKMARK ME!

IIWY I would reduce a bit this A time and would aim for 2 full naps a day, each of 1.5-2h. If one of them is shorter don't worry about it, as long as she is having 2 naps.
I would first do like 3.15h A time for 4 days and if naps for only 45min, wakes up happy and chatty then she is probably UT and you can increase the A time by 10min and stick with it for another 4 days. And so on, till you get better naps.

Is there a reason why BT is so late? Do you want it to be like that and that WU in the morning is around 9-10? Or would you like it all to be earlier?
I think she is waking up every 45min after BT because she is OT from very high A times and not enough day sleep.
My journey of making 1000 goodies using unrefined sugar: http://1000crumbs.com/