Author Topic: Support for dropping the nap part 12  (Read 231417 times)

Offline nona

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 95
« Reply #165 on: September 24, 2015, 01:09:02 am »
sorry if this a repeat question....

what time are you putting your LOs down if they don't nap & when are they waking up? myDD's sleep needs tanked once she moved into a BGB. if she does not nap (getting less and less), i try to have her down by 7pm. She usually falls asleep right away but in general we are having lots of crying all day long over dumb stuff and the bedtime "routine" takes for.e.ver. However, she is waking up very early. sometimes before 6am! i wish she woudl sleep until 8 ha ha.

i am still putting her in her room for quiet time for almost 2 hours ( i have to have the break). she stays in her bed (usually) and "reads" books and plays with her stuffed animals.
heather

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
Re: Support for dropping the nap part 12
« Reply #166 on: September 24, 2015, 02:00:25 am »
8 pm bedtime here with a 7/7:30 am wake up. In good spirits all day long, in fact protests bedtime a bit and has no quiet time at all. She is 25 months and incredibly lsn! I have been trying to back bedtime up to 7:30/7:45 but so far it has only worked the last few nights because she has a bad cold lol. DD2 did quiet time for ages, I loved that! DD3 just screams if I try it.
Heidi

Offline LovelyLilyandJack

• Showing Appreciation 44
  • Formerly lovelylily
« Reply #167 on: September 24, 2015, 06:43:37 am »
7.30 bedtime here with 6.15 / 6.30 WU. We started with a 7pm BT but J just kept waking at 6ish so we shifted everything back.  For a long time we were doing a 7.15 BT and still getting 6am wake ups, but as soon as we moved it to 7.30 he started sleeping longer nights.

We don't do any proper quiet time either, but roughly half the week when we're home he watches TV in the middle of the day for a while.  He's also raring to go still at BT - another very lsn LO :)

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #168 on: September 24, 2015, 22:13:28 pm »
On NND T is asleep by 6 sometimes 5.30 and up between 6.30-7
On a 30 min nap day he usually goes down at 7
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline nona

• Showing Appreciation 95
« Reply #169 on: September 25, 2015, 21:12:23 pm »
thanks! i just can't relax if she is not napping and i can't get anything done if she is awake & with me. i mean she drags every toy out and my house is a total disaster right now (no lie i would die if i had an unannounced visitor!!)  bc i am too tired to pick up her mess and she won't pick it up (i guess that is another post topic). i wish i had a few more months of naps!!! i think it is officially over bc she has not napped since last week or last weekend (can't remember!) :(.

id prefer a 8 pm bedtime & 730 wake up or so. id like to have some alone time with my 3rd grader in the am b4 he goes to school.
heather

« Reply #170 on: September 26, 2015, 02:51:02 am »
I feel the same Heather (((hugs))) this no napping sucks! But at least you got 3.5 years of naps...going stir crazy here as we dropped the nap so much earlier than I ever would have planned on, lol I held on to 30 min naps longer than was necessary.
Heidi

Offline LovelyLilyandJack

• Showing Appreciation 44
  • Formerly lovelylily
« Reply #171 on: September 27, 2015, 20:02:26 pm »
I held on to 30 min naps longer than was necessary.
Same here!  It was like 30min of heaven, I wasnt giving that up!  I didn't even clean or do anything productive, just had a cup of tea...ahhh, those were the days

And me :) Now, the most we can ever get away with is 15 minutes in the car. Aah well, I do like the freedom as well - more than having the nap time now...

« Reply #172 on: September 27, 2015, 20:49:48 pm »
Yes that is a positive side to the no napping! I keep telling myself that on days when I am home with DD3 and the older two are at school  :P
Heidi

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #173 on: October 04, 2015, 23:01:09 pm »
Hi ladies! We've been struggling with nap dropping for a month now and his day behaviour is still shocking and nights aren't lengthening - stuck at 10.5-11hrs which judging by his mood is not enough.

Easy has been;
WU: between 5/5.30
QT: 1/2-2/3. I try to insist quiet activities in his room but without the iPad he usually plays for a little while with cars or reads but then gets into bed and sleeps. Therefore I mostly give him the iPad for an hour and his gro clock tells him when to get up.
BT: 6.00 and usually asleep in 10/15mins

We've been having heaps of night wakings. Last night in particular was a hot night here in Sydney. Down at 6pm after waking at 5am and then took 1/2 hour to fall asleep. Woke at 3am having drunk and entire water bottle and asked for more but then proceeded to sit/stand/play in his bed for 1.5hrs only to wake at just before 6.30. He came in to my room before his gro clock sun was up and started crying for me to make the sun come up and for me to open my eyes.

I've tried capping nap in range of 1hr, 45/30/20/15 mins with BT at 7.00 but he takes between 45-60 mins to fall asleep (some nights shenanigans and getting out multiple times or laying quietly chatting) and then up at 6 or earlier so 10hrs max. A later bedtime saw the same issue so he was getting even less ONS.

I'm almost 39 weeks pregnant and H is a few weeks shy of turning 3 (15/10) so there are a lot of things at play but I really wish I could get him well rested. Does anyone have any ideas?!

Offline Mcdonald76

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #174 on: October 06, 2015, 12:42:32 pm »
Hi everyone, I have a very quick question...my DS is 34 months and is a high sleeps needs child....at present he naps for 1hr 15 mins (cut from 1hr 30 last month) from 13.15 until 14.30 and goes to bed about 19.15 and wakes up between 6-6.30 am.  We have noticed him taking between 30 mins and an hour to get to sleep at night (although stays in bed quietly chatting to himself) and normally 5-10 mins daytime naps.

The question I have is should I cut his daytime nap some more ? He's VERY grumpy when we wake him in the afternoon and I think if we left him he'd sleep for hours. Unsure of the next step? Thanks

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #175 on: October 09, 2015, 07:30:51 am »
Personally if he's happily chatting rather than resisting I'd change nothing for now.  If you get active BT resistance or nights getting very short I'd cut another 15 mins off the nap....actually just reading are you saying he goes to bed at 19.15 but doesn't sleep until closer to 8/8.15pm?  That's quite a short night, it depends is he happy on it?  If he seems rested I'd stick with doing nothing but be prepared to have to cut the nap more pretty soon as less than 10-10.5h overnight on a regular basis seems to make most kids pretty tired.

Offline First mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #176 on: October 13, 2015, 04:34:31 am »
Hi ladies, my lo is hopefully a ways off dropping the nap but I thought this might be the best thread for my question.  Feel free to move me if not.

My lo is in daycare 2 days a week and we seem to be in a pattern of 35 minute naps.  On non day care days we are pretty consistent with 2 hours.  Bedtime is generally 6:30 and I was wondering what time you would do bt on daycare days to help prevent ot.

TIA

Offline babybarr

• Showing Appreciation 224
« Reply #177 on: October 13, 2015, 20:48:44 pm »
Hi!
I'm back... both boys had been poorly and prior to this they were doing 7ish till 6am ish (if we were lucky) and an hr nap.  We're now getting much earlier wu and bedtime resistance - mainly from J.  They've always been fairly lsn but cutting the nap previously didn't help, they're nearly 25mths.

Thoughts most welcome please!
LAURA xx

« Reply #178 on: October 16, 2015, 22:28:59 pm »
Would they do a 20 or 30 min nap Laura? We were down to that before we cut it out entirely.
Heidi

Offline babybarr

• Showing Appreciation 224
« Reply #179 on: October 17, 2015, 08:38:45 am »
Yeah probably. Just they're so grumpy being woken. I think we might start with 40mins as I think that's their normal sleep cycle. Then perhaps we'll just go to on the go napping?
LAURA xx