Author Topic: 18 month sleep regression support thread-part 3  (Read 70026 times)

Offline ginger428

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
Re: 18 month sleep regression support thread-part 3
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2016, 01:38:03 am »
Hi Trimbler  :)
It's funny...it seems like M's sleep needs grew after the 2-1 because he was sleep trained, consolidated sleep, and finally extended his naps. And it seems like he's been around the 12 per 24hr for the past YEAR.  :o These LSN babes!  HOWEVER, around 17-19months, M did drop his nap suddenly from 2hr to 1.10, and his nights were slightly shorter, too.  Now he's consistently averaging 11.5 (10 night, 1.5 day) total sleep at 21.5 months. Not sure that helps much but perhaps you're onto something with dropping sleep needs? Let us know how the push goes!

Offline ginger428

• Showing Appreciation 16
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2016, 01:47:35 am »
Maya, first mum, Kayra, how are you all?

Suzanna... are you here yet?!  ;D Can I hope to get the gang together again? If even only for a moment as DS keeps growing so quickly!!!

Offline -Maya-

• Showing Appreciation 10
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2016, 11:28:46 am »
I' m always reading your posts :)
We are in a so and so period for sleep. Ds had a row of canines and stomach bug and we are still recovering from that. Canines he has cut bottom ones, not top ones. But he haz always cut all 4 teeth together so I expect them soon. Or I wish them soon :)

Ginger Trimbler, so good to hear from you!

Offline kayra

• Showing Appreciation 60
  • 2 for 1!!
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2016, 07:24:49 am »
Trimbler what are dd's a times then? You could try Stretching her nap to half an hour later and see what happens?
M&L seem to have shortened their night a bit so it could be a dip in sleep needs, but I'm not entirely sure. I need to check out what's average at this age. Maybe I'll just wait out till end of March when clocks change, amd just start doing a later bedtime if shorter nights is the case.
Ginger that is seriously Lsn, wow! You def seem to have the grace to go with it, being hsl myself I'd really struggle with that!

Our angel Victor 06.11.10  We miss you, but look forward to the day we will see you again my love 1Cor. 15
Angel, April 2011

Offline trimbler

• Showing Appreciation 37
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2016, 22:50:33 pm »
Yeah I keep thinking that, although that would really mean getting up earlier, as she has to get up from her nap at the same time due to school collection, so I don't want to start that if it's not going to work - harder to reverse! Also we can't do BT any earlier and an earlier start would probably mean needing an earlier BT... But I think we do need to try stretching a bit, problem is that just when I think we should start stretching, she suddenly shows us just how OT she's got, and then we need to help her catch up... Like today, wow, for such a usually sweet and happy girl, she has a truly violent temper :o

Offline Kfro

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2016, 13:58:18 pm »
I think ds is here.... Although I'm really not sure. He is waking from his nap crying (after about 1 hour 30 give or take 10 mins) and is having multiple nw's. Although they are all relatively easy to settle using my voice, I feel that I need to do something to help him get some unbroken sleep. I have tried nurofen and that doesn't seem to make any difference so I don't think it's teeth. Seperation anxiety is definitely at play during his a time and I often have to use my voice when I first put him down as he starts crying but would this cause multiple night wakings? He is still getting around 13 hours sleep which has previously been about right for him and he doesn't seem overly tired whilst awake. Could these wakings be undertired? Crying due to wanting to sleep but not being tired enough? He has always been fairly lsn and transitioned to one nap at 10 months. He has been on a capped 2 hour nap for a while so maybe he needs less now? His current routine is:

Wu 6
Nap (pd at 12 but often takes 10-15 mins to fall asleep) 1210-210
Bt 640 (usually asleep within 10 mins)

This is a very confusing stage! I know he has a lot going on and I want to comfort him as much as needed but I don't know if I need to stick with his routine to give him consistency or tweek it.

Offline MayaandEvasmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2016, 06:33:48 am »
Not sure we are going through any sort of regression as such, nothing seems to have changed for a year :(, still early wakings. Ginger my dd seems to have the same thing going on as yours, 10 hour night and 1.5 nap.  I have finally given in to the fact she is LSN but would love to get a more sociable wake up.  Just thought I would browse this thread for a magic cure lol x

Offline Bella89

• Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2016, 13:29:25 pm »
Hi there,
seems like we're at the beginning of sleep regression, but I was just curious if there is anyone that's going through SR?

Offline sszskristy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2016, 12:06:11 pm »
We r in the 5th week of 18mth SR... Bedtime is fine, but have to stay with her when napping and NW 1 or 2 times...Anyone in the same situation?

Offline Bella89

« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2016, 05:08:18 am »
Not the same exactly, but our self settling baby seem to dissapear:(
It is getting better, I think.After 3 weeks.
How long can it take?!

Offline Bella89

« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2016, 18:40:03 pm »
Anyone here?

Offline Laura_kap

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2016, 02:14:18 am »
Hello all...

my Little spirited lady is a the 18 month sleep regression + molar teething + getting over a summer congestion cold...fun fun fun...

She is on the tail end of her cold, and I worked really REALLY hard to settle her in her room only, and I did that, but I've had to keep her upright with her face down on my chest in the cuddle chair until she is asleep, then move her into her crib....I've tried a little PU/PD, but she just screams...(like limbs are being torn off) as soon as I put her down, even if I keep a hand on her back etc....

We really never had to do PU/PD, or WI/WO with her...so both seem to be royally peeving her off. 
She has always been a comfort thumb sucker, and when she gets tired, she sticks her thumb in her mouth and usually puts a hand down my blouse and nuzzles in.

She still goes down for naps with ease...she is ready for her naps (12-1:30)...at 11:45 I take her up after a mini lunch, and she just pops her thumb in snuggles with me for 5 seconds, I put her in her crib fully awake and she drifts off happily herself without a peep...

USUALLY, night is like this as well as long as I hit her sleep window. I know it sounds nuts..but she goes to sleep exactly 6hrs after waking from her nap...so I wake her at 1:30 = 7:30 bedtime.  When I try to put her down earlier than that...she just cries/screams if I try to put her into her crib - or if I hold her, she will play with me, talk, babble, sing etc....  But since her cold we've been doing a calm nuzzle to sleep in the chair, then I transfer her to the crib....how to do get back to our usual way of bedtime?  How come she is still napping fine, but not night sleeping the same way?  I would better understand if both were upside down, but struggling to understand the good naps, but poor bedtime settling.  she usually goes down for the night as mentioned around 7:30, after 6 hrs A time....and sleeps until 6:30...so 11hrs night sleep, 1.5 hours day sleep...but I DO need to wake her at 1:5 hours...because she is usually out cold and would sleep longer if I let her...but then she won't go to sleep at night until 8-9pm....and still gets up around 6-6:30 regardless of bedtime...I've tried putting to bed earlier it never works out...as mentioned, she is a spirited/angel type 18 months old next week.

I appreciated you all reading/reviewing this!

Offline sszskristy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2016, 05:02:16 am »
Anyone here?

Hello Bella, how is things going? We r in the 6th week now, things has been getting better. No night waking for 3 days in a row. BUT she got up early now like 6:30-6:40...And yesterday somehow she woke up at 11:30pm and still woke up early this morning.

And still, she can't self settle at nap. I have to stand by the door to watch her until she closed her eyes. I can't say it cause trouble for me because it only take 5 minutes. But I don't understand why she can self settle at bedtime but not for napping?

Anyway it is not finish...our angle baby definitely not come back yet...I start to doubt if it will be finished anymore....

Offline Bella89

« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2016, 06:31:37 am »
Hey, I think we're slowly getting out of SR. I don't know what is SR or AP right now.
He settles for naps sometimes by himself (but it doesn't go without a good scream, I decided to WI for cry or when he calls for me and not for screams or mantra). But I hate BT. DH is good at putting him down but he does that by rubbing his back until he is asleep. That is completely different from what it used to be. A baby that put himself to sleep after a cuddle and a solid wind down :(

Laura_cap I think we have VERY similar problems:/ But you still have to fight the cold. I think you need to take care of first things first. We all  just attend our babies when they are sick. It sometimes means a lot of AP unfortunately, but I have no idea what is the way around it:/

Offline Laura_kap

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2016, 12:28:27 pm »
hi all - I've had odd mornings with my 18.5 month old spirited/angel type....

So her naps have finally gone back to normal....nights have been ok to put her down, some nights easier than others....but she wakes up around 5:30-6am..and talks , whines a bit, calls out for every member of our family, then will fizzle out and fall back asleep around 7, and I usually have to WAKE her at 8:30...at first I thought it was just her way of catching up from poor night sleep (canines are still not broken through! been big bumps for 2 months with northing to show for it!!) but now I'm concerned its becoming a pattern....

should I break her of this with wake to sleep? or let her keep doing it until she gets back regular more solid night sleep?

her schedule currently looks like this most days:

wake 5:45ish - play/whine until 6:30-7am
back asleep around 6:45/7am
wakes around 8:30 or woken around 8:30am
Breakfast 8:30
Lunch 11:30
Nap 12-1:30 or 2
snack 2:30
Supper 6ish
Sleep 7:30

so she is getting about 10.5/11 night hours not super solid, a lot of tossing + her extra morning sleep hour or so so call it 11.5 night hours...and about 1.5-2 hour nap 12-2.

any thoughts would be helpful - thank you for having a look!