Author Topic: Dropping dream feed cold turkey?  (Read 1407 times)

Offline SofisMom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Dropping dream feed cold turkey?
« on: March 01, 2015, 22:01:37 pm »
Hi all!

I'm not sure where the other dream feed posts are, for some reason my search function isn't working. Feel free to re-direct me if this isn't the right place.

My daughter just turned 8 months old. She has 4 milk feeds a day + an 11pm dream feed. We started her on solids at 6 months, but up until a week or two ago, she was just eating 2-3 ounces of solids per day (split between 2 meals). She would drink 4-6 oz of breast milk during her dream feed. For the past 7-8 days, she started to eat a LITTLE more during her solids meals, closer to 2 oz per meal, so she probably gets 3-4 oz of solids per day now. At the same time, for the past week or so, she started to drink very little during the dream feed, between 1.5 - 2 oz (it used to be closer to 4-5 oz).

I've been waiting to see if this short dream feed would be consistent or not, it's been at least a week now.

My question is: if she is only drinking 1-2 ounces during her dream feed, would it be fine to just drop it cold turkey? Or would that have some negative effects? I just feel like it's so little now that I don't even know how to do it slowly really. Any suggestions? Should I keep doing the dream feed for a few more days/week to make sure her 1.5-2 ounces isn't just a fluke? Please let me know your thoughts on this. I would love to be done with the dream feed now but also don't want any negative effects like her waking up hungry or anything.

Thanks,
Mona
Mom to two daughters, born June 2014 and March 2016. BW worked great on my first, can't wait to see results with my 2nd!

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: Dropping dream feed cold turkey?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 06:02:48 am »
Personally if the feed is that small I would probably drop it cold turkey, especially being that it is a bottle feed and you know she is taking so little.
Heidi

Offline SofisMom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Dropping dream feed cold turkey?
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 20:48:11 pm »
Alright, thank you!
Mom to two daughters, born June 2014 and March 2016. BW worked great on my first, can't wait to see results with my 2nd!