Author Topic: What is the w2s method?  (Read 950 times)

Offline Sweetemmz

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 29, 2015, 21:28:15 pm »
Hello...
I've been attempting to get my 3 month old to take longer naps. Right now he does almost exactly 45 minutes. He sleeps great a night. 11 hours or so without waking up, so I feel grateful for that. I've been reading a lot about the w2s method and I think I get the concept and would like to try it but was wondering if anyone has the exact description of how to proceed. I gather you stir your baby right before he wakes up usually, so for me it would be around the 40 min mark and then they start a new sleep cycle.
Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: What is the w2s method?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 21:40:01 pm »
Hi and welcome to BW forums :)

There is some info here on W2S.
How do I address habitual wakings? (wake-to-sleep and other methods)
If you click on the link and scroll down you will see W2S for naps and 2 different options.
Have a read and see what you think. We will be happy to answer any further questions or guide you through the process.

The other things to bare in mind when trying to extend naps are
- if you LO has ever slept a longer nap before (showing he can transition from one sleep cycle to another on his own)
- if he is an independent sleeper (able to self settle)
- If his routine and A time are suitable for his age
If the first 2 above are "yes" then he may just be ready for a longer A time. If they are "no" then he may need some help learning to transition and stay asleep longer.

You are welcome to post your current EASY times for us to look at.
hope this helps