Author Topic: Biting me - 10 months old  (Read 1617 times)

Offline goldmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 23
Biting me - 10 months old
« on: April 14, 2015, 00:43:29 am »
DS2 is just about 10 months now and has 8 teeth, the 8th is just cutting through now. He's been a good nurser, and he takes 2 bottles at his sitter's home during the day (ebm). I was home with him this past 1.5 weeks and he was very clingy with cutting his tooth and likely ww fussiness and he bf'ed all the time. He's been doing better now, but he's started to bite me at the end of his feeding. He just starts to clamp down on me. Or like tonight, he kept doing it instead of nursing at his bt, and laughed every time I pulled away. He thought it was a game  ::)  >:(. I tried switching sides, but just more of the same.

I want to keep nursing until at least a year, but what should I do when he's biting me instead of sucking, it didn't seem like he drank anything tonight (this isn't common though, usually he's just lingering and closes his teeth on me when he's done). Any ideas of how to get him to stop or how to deal with it? I'm not enjoying nursing when I'm just on edge to protect myself from his teeth. Last week I was raw and slightly bleeding from him (felt like from a nb baby right after birth), but it's healed now, but I don't want it to come back.

:( It was going so well.

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Re: Biting me - 10 months old
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 20:54:58 pm »
Have you seen our FAQ on dealing with biting? How do teeth change things? – teething and biting.

Are things still the same?
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline goldmom

• Showing Appreciation 23
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 23:48:23 pm »
Thanks for that link Ali, good info there. He's gotten a little better now, but that one day was awful. I'm trying not to be too tense about the possibility of him biting me while he's nursing.  :-\

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 16:08:02 pm »
Glad he's improving. It usually is just a stage.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011