Author Topic: 2 year old barely eating  (Read 1303 times)

Offline Baby_A_Mama

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: May 22, 2015, 01:38:35 am »
Hopefully just looking for some reassurance that this is a phase and totally normal. My almost 2 year old is barely resting anything. Her daycare pack used to come home totally empty and now it's almost full at the end if the day. At home she eats a tiny bit but not very much...even when offered some if her favorite foods. We did just have baby (8 days old) and her lack of eating has been going on now about 5 days...Possibly related?? Guess I'm just hoping that this is yet another phase and totally normal for toddlers to cycle in and out of food?
Thanks

Offline We Three

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 418
  • The Sweetest Thing....
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 03:01:11 am »
Hmmm....could it be 2 year molars? Maybe give a smoothie a try? Yogurt, banana, etc....? In the blender?

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 2 year old barely eating
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 08:53:57 am »
If it's teeth mine liked hard foods to gnaw on such as bread sticks.

Could it be that when her day pack was eaten she was going through a GS and you go used to her having a larger appetite? When appetite returns to normal after a GS it can be a bit of a surprise just how little they eat in comparison.

Congrats on your new LO :)  Perhaps your DD needs some extra attention, no necessarily focused around the food issue but just in general. Hard with a NB to care for, she maybe needs some extra snuggles.
I wouldn't make too big a deal about her eating, just keep offering the normal healthy foods at her regular times and let her get back into the swing of things when she's ready. I have not BTDT but I imagine now is a time when she could make food a big issue if you respond to her non-eating, it's one of the few aspects of a toddlers life they have control of.