Author Topic: In a mess...  (Read 970 times)

Offline bloosiern

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« on: August 27, 2015, 18:17:25 pm »
So without getting into too much detail my 32 month old DD's sleep has gotten way off track and we can't seem to get back into a good routine.  We have EWU's and inconsistent BT's and naps.  Just wondering if anyone has had success with getting back on track with set nap and BT at this age when things have gotten really bad.  She's missed a nap 2 days in the last week and has had restless sleep/EWU's on several occasions (today was 0430 and I don't think she fell back asleep!).

This tired momma needs some help...and sleep as well:)
Lisa

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: In a mess...
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 19:34:23 pm »
Hi it may be that naps need to go, how often does she nap etc? What times WU and BT?x
Zoe

Offline bloosiern

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 23:44:53 pm »
She still naps every day except for a few days these last few weeks, for various reasons, and she was miserable without it even with EBT.  Her normal WU is 0645 but it's gotten off track a few days as well.  She definitely does best if she's asleep before 8 and gets 11 hours overnight.  We just can't seem to get the right timing/length of nap to settle things back into a routine.  She seems to have always been ASN.
Lisa

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 11:14:20 am »
How long are letting LO nap? I found at this age we were down to 40 mins but soon shifted to 20 mins as DS was horrific to wake.
Quite a lot of LO need a short day of 11/11.5 hours when they start nap dropping and nights get longer x
Zoe

Offline bloosiern

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 16:46:06 pm »
Her nap length varies.  For me, it's generally 1.5-1.75 hours but when my husband or MIL watches her they lay her down later and let her nap for 2.5-3 hours sometimes which is part of the problem.  She's only PD by them 1-2 days per week but it's enough to put us in this mess and they just don't get it.  What is ASN for her age?  It seems as though she's best with 12-12.5 hours right now.
Lisa

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 18:07:21 pm »
I'd say day is robbing from night a bit...maybe time to start some capping!?

For us at that age nights were only 9.5 hour if we allowed long nap. They all vary but I'd say 12-14 hours sleep is around right amount. My DS has dropped nap and at 3 yrs 3 months nights are on average 11 hours but some do 13/14 hours at night.
Zoe