Author Topic: Easy has made night wakings more frequent- help please!  (Read 1721 times)

Offline Meganb1989

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Easy has made night wakings more frequent- help please!
« on: October 08, 2015, 09:15:54 am »
Hi, my lg has been on easy since Saturday. She slept well Saturday (7-4) but since then she has woken at least 4 times in a night! She has recently been a good night sleeper, sleeping until 5am but she didn't sleep during the day. We are on a 3 hour easy because she is breastfed and can't go 4 hours between feeds. Our schedule from yesterday is below. I am going to increase a time today to increase nap times, is this what's causing night wakings? Or is it likely to do with being unsettled as we've changed he routine? Or something else? So confused!

7.00- feed
8,55- sleep
9.25- wake
10- feed
12.20- sleep
12.50- wake
1.15- feed
1.40- sleep
2.30 wake
4- feed
5.05- sleep
5.40- wake
6- feed
7.30 feed
7.45- sleep

I don't do a dream feed as I tried it before and it made her wake more often. Last night she woke at 11.45(fed her) 2.15 (self settled) 4.25 (fed) 6 (fed) 7 (fed, I know I shouldnt have done!) then 8. We usually get up at 8 and she woke up crying at 7.

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Re: Easy has made night wakings more frequent- help please!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 02:48:08 am »
Hi there, how old is your LO?  Right now your A times seem to be all over the place, so let's narrow things down a bit and see if we can't get your LO a bit more settled.

Offline Meganb1989

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 09:29:13 am »
Hi, that was quite an erratic day actually! Not a good one to post as we went out and my lg got her second nap later. She is 5.5 months old, I'm aiming for 2 hrs a time first thing, then 2hrs 15 min for the other naps. She seems to get really tired first thing in the morning. I think she may have been cold as I put her in more last night and she slept from 6.30-7.40 and woke up a few times but she managed to self settle. I only fed her once. But she still doesn't manage to do it for a nap! And gets really upset when I try to extend her naps (she also got upset when I tried settling her at night).

Offline Meganb1989

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 18:26:47 pm »
This is today's routine:

7.40- wake, feed
9.45- sleep (grouchy from about 9.20, took 10 mins of crying to get to sleep)
10.18- wake
10.40- feed
12.50- 1.15 (sleep in pushchair, grouchy for a couple of minutes before sleeping)
1.40- feed
3.30- 4 sleep (woken up crying)
4.20- feed
6- feed
6.30-sleep (1 min of crying)

Now I'm really confused... It seems the easiest times she's gone down today have been 2.5 hrs so is she undertired? Or is it just because it was bedtime and in the pushchair?  For the first nap this morning I really struggled to keep her up two hours, she seemed overtired (rubbing eyes, crying, arching back)

Thanks

Offline lauradj

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 21:08:01 pm »
Yup, I was going to suggest you aim for 2.5 hrs.  I think she's ready for it.  Both my LO's always had a hard time with their first A time.  I'm assuming it's because they're still feeling a little tired from the night but who knows why really.  However, I have to work to keep DS2 awake long enough.  When he starts to rub his eyes and get irritated, I change the activity.  The closer we are to nap time, the more mellow it becomes.  Maybe try to really stick with 2.5 for the weekend, and see if it makes a difference?  If not, we can take another look.   :D

Offline Meganb1989

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 10:50:00 am »
Thanks, we've started 2.5 hrs awake time today! Still only had a 30 min nap but we'll keep going and see if it helps. We had another good night so it's definitely working :)

Offline lauradj

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2015, 21:34:49 pm »
That's good to hear!  It will take a few days to really see any changes across the board, so hopefully it all keeps steadily improving  :)