Author Topic: When to trial dairy and when is non-dairy milk allowable?  (Read 10843 times)

Offline alwaystired

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: When to trial dairy and when is non-dairy milk allowable?
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2016, 00:57:59 am »
ss
Yes, the wheat and egg were fine. We don't have a family history of food allergies outside of celery! I am hesitant to try soy because I didn't fully eliminate soy and can't be sure there isn't an issue there. She mostly has a history of mucous in her stool and very very fussy, tummy hurting behaviors when I ate dairy. Some reflux symptoms, not spitting up much but a wheezing that was checked by her ped and unrelated to her airways or lungs. The fussiness subsided tremendously when I cut out the dairy and her stools became less mucousy and a bit more orange rather than green. She was a much happier baby so I've been sticking to the dairy free diet so far.

When she was about 3 months old I had a good amount of dairy and after a few days she became very miserable again, with the green mucousy poops. That was the main reaction. Other than that it would have been accidental and I didn't know if I had eaten any.

Since starting foods, her stools have gone all over the place. Huge, green, liquid messes that overflow diapers and require a bath and lots of stain treating of clothes or firm stools that are hard to pass. But I have not given her any dairy and most of her foods have been fresh or frozen and made at home outside of the cheerios and baby oatmeal.
Wow, this sounds like exactly my experience with my ds and dairy. Did you find she had frequent night wakings if she had accidental dairy?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 01:04:21 am by alwaystired »

Offline ~*Nicole*~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 178
  • Formerly: *Nicole-Ava's mom*
Re: When to trial dairy and when is non-dairy milk allowable?
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2016, 22:44:48 pm »
DD is 18 months old now so it's hard to remember exactly....she also nursed and we were awake often through the night but mostly to eat and go right back to sleep. I didn't try to stop her waking to feed because it was easier for me to just let that stop on it's own.