Author Topic: 7 weeks old-when to do tummy time?  (Read 2381 times)

Offline needasleepingangel

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
7 weeks old-when to do tummy time?
« on: July 14, 2016, 03:12:28 am »
I cannot find the post about when to do tummy time...

My 7 weeks old is usually awake for an hour. She eats about 30min. It is not good to do tummy time immediately after feeds as she will spit up. How long should I wait? Since she is awake for only an hour, there is not too much time for me to wait. Need some advice. Many thanks.

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 7 weeks old-when to do tummy time?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 11:40:55 am »
You can do it whenever it suits you :)  There isn't a right or a wrong time really.  How about a couple of minutes when you first get her up just before her feed?  At this age it doesn't need to be any longer really as she will tire quite quickly.  As she gets older she'll be awake longer and you can introduce some longer periods in her A time x

Offline Scottishmummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 47
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 19:46:15 pm »
I was told that at this young age, even just burping on your shoulder or carrying in a sling counts as tummy time. Those usually fit in with what you're doing anyway- just time that isn't on her back.

Her A time will soon increase and it will soon be easier to fit TT on a mat that doesn't clash with naps or feeds.
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline needasleepingangel

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 03:07:59 am »
Thanks a lot, jessmum and Scottishmummy.

I did some experiments and find that doing tummy time with DD on my body works well. I can recline at any angle, so I can adjust the difficulty for her and ease the spit problem.  :)