Author Topic: in need of a hand with a routine plan for 9mo. 2-1? eeek!  (Read 9610 times)

Offline Scottishmummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 47
Re: in need of a hand with a routine plan for 9mo. 2-1? eeek!
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2016, 16:09:39 pm »
The 2nd nap looks like it might have been UT/OT ie not tired enough after 2hr30 A time and then not settling from less stimulation but then OT when finally slept. I would try no less than 3hrs A time for 2nd nap.

Re Settling for BT- is she upset when she takes up to 30mins to settle? If not then maybe she just needs a long time to get to sleep so 7-7.10 for a 7.30 asleep time might be ok
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2016, 21:25:13 pm »
My bad on the typo! PD for that second nap was at 3.40 so 3hr 25 and she was screaming so I'm going to go with OT...

She was upset last night when I went to her room and put sleeping bag on her (which is the new normal for some reason!). And when I lay her down she cried but she just lay there sucking her thumb.

WU was 6.30 or earlier this morning.

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2016, 09:39:05 am »
Hi SM! How are you and your kidlets going?

Could you please give me another hand? We had those couple of days of long 2hr morning naps with short PM nap and then it all fell to pieces and I've been trying to get back on track since. The last few days have just been two 30-40 minute naps and bedtime has been horrible. Tonight she went down screaming her lungs out so I went back and cuddled until calm and stayed with her but she cried on and off for over an hour :(  The bedtime screaming is new but I think it's accumulated OT versus UT surely.

We've been doing the nap at 10.00 - whenever but it's now so short and not restorative. I thought I'd try pushing her a bit but she wakes up so miserable and seems unhappy during A unless I'm constantly interacting with her and forcing her to be interested in things.

I can't see any teeth but she's sucking her thumb ALL day and falling asleep in the car regularly. WU has crept a little earlier but she's always been so inconsistent so not sure if that's a sign of morning A push or not...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 10:02:54 am by labrodyk »

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2016, 01:22:30 am »
Today I pushed her a little from 10.00-10.20. Despite being awake from 6, she only slept 35-40 minutes...

WU: 6.00
Nap 1: 10.20; 10.25/30-11.06. Tried to resettle until 12.00. She wasn't happy like she usually is, very quiet but never fell back to sleep. Even me to rocking didn't work :(
Nap 2: in the car from 2pm but didn't fall asleep until 3.00.

What am I doing wrong? I'll try sticking to 10.20am PD for a few days and see what happens.
How should I play the rest of the day?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 05:09:44 am by labrodyk »

Offline lolsyb1982

• Showing Appreciation 34
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2016, 08:59:57 am »
Hi I know Scottishmummy has been helping you out. She's not around for a few days so I will try and see what I can do.
I haven't time to read right back so apologies if I go over anything you've tried already! How old is she now?
Lauren

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2016, 09:14:09 am »
Hi Lolsyb1982! Thanks so much for lending a hand, appreciate it. My daughter is ALMOST 11mo (on the 7th Sept). She's been a bit of a mystery from day 1.

The rest of our day went like:
Nap 2: 3.00-3.40 (car)
BT: 6.50; asleep by 7.05.

I have a feeling yesterday, her afternoon nap ended well before 3.40 (perhaps 2.50/3pm) thus was so OT by PD just before 7pm.

I know her A times are on the short side but I've been having difficulty as she is quite miserable in the morning and does have a tendency to fall asleep in the car hours before her 10am nap time. I then have kindy pick up and drop off two days a week which I leave at 8.30 and it's an hour+ round trip. Afternoon is the same but I have to leave home by 2.30pm so we've been struggling with both the long AM, short PM as well as the short AM, long PM. We've been leaning more towards long AM mainly because I don't seem to be able to get a longer PM nap even if the AM is really short, plus kindy limits this.
Sorry for the essay.

Offline lolsyb1982

« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2016, 12:11:47 pm »
Going out in the car is always tricky as most lo's will nod off before their usual nap time. How many days do you have to do the kindy drop off/pick up?

I think it does sound like she needs an A push before that first nap. I know you say she acts miserable but if she's only napping 40 mins I would say she was UT still.
My DD2 acts miserable about an hour before her nap sometimes but I just push her on until her A time regardless as I know if i put her down early she'll short nap.

Lauren

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2016, 08:48:04 am »
hmmm....seems like we can't go anywhere any more because she just doesn't sleep long enough anywhere and by the end of the day is a screaming mess. I just feel so trapped and wonder why we bother doing anything fun because it always ends up with us all in tears :(

Today:
WU: 6.00?
OOB: 7.30! (My 4yo was sick all through the night and whilst I heard Audrey call out we all fell back to sleep).
Nap 1: 10.45-11.15 in the car. We were driving for a good 1.5hrs on the highway and she still only slept this amount.
Nap 2: 2.50-3.10 in the pram. Took my husband ages to rock and walk around with the pram until she finally fell asleep but woke 20 minutes later :(
Cried the whole 1hr journey home.
BT: 6.10; screamed and mantra screamed until 6.30pm.

I need to be able to get out with our older son and enjoy our weekends. I can't have her sleeping 50 minutes all day and then short napping whilst at home!

Offline lolsyb1982

« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2016, 09:20:20 am »
We never get good naps when we're out for the day. With dd1 I was obsessed with good naps and so wouldn't go anywhere but 2nd time around I've realised life is more than being stuck indoors getting a baby to sleep and just accept we'll have bad sleep on those days.

On the odd occasion if you want a day out with your DS could you leave DD at home with anybody so that you can fully enjoy your day and not have to stress about naps etc?
Lauren

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2016, 11:49:08 am »
Hi!

Sorry for my absence...

I'd agree with Lauren about trying fur an A time push but those out & about naps look a bit OT or OS then crashing but OT overall by end of the day. My DD also needs to be at home usually to take a decent nap.

When are you next at home & could try for a routine again?  I think your option now would either be to try for a later, longer morning nap at home (starting 10.30 maybe) and a later shorter pm CN...or trying for a short morning CN and if you want to get out and then an early afternoon long nap at home.
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2016, 06:26:33 am »
Hi Lauren & SM!

Thank you for your help and reassurance about getting out and about.

Today we were at home and I did a nap at PD at 10.30. I think she was asleep fairly quickly by 10.35. She woke and was awake from 11.50-12.10 but fell back to sleep until 12.50.
We went out bike riding and I tried again at 4.10 but clearly I'm not used to long naps because that wasn't the right thing to do.... Not sure what to expect or how to play the afternoon. My trial and error so far on how short and how late to do the CN isn't going so well. also unsure of that middle A and how to incorporate it if she does have a good nap...
What would be appropriate at this age based on first nap duration and finishing time?

WU: 6.20, possibly earlier
OOB: 7.00
Nap 1: 10.30; 10.35-12.50
Nap 2: 4.10; 4.40/45-5.00 (woke her)
BT: 7.04; asleep 7.30.
^^ is this okay or should I have put down a bit later? She didn't cry...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 09:37:40 am by labrodyk »

Offline lolsyb1982

« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2016, 11:52:32 am »
Hi this is our routine if it helps

Wu 6
Nap 10.15-11.45
Nap 3.45ish but usually have to APOP this in car etc for 20 mins as she fights it.
BT 7

Lauren

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2016, 15:16:33 pm »
Labrodyk- today's routine looks pretty good to me. After such a long morning nap, about 15-20min just before 5 & a 7pm BT to be asleep by 7.30 (easily) is great.
I think a 4hr A time after a long morning nap is pretty typical at this age & stage of the 2-1 transition.

Now whether she'll recreate it is another question!
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2016, 20:34:37 pm »
Lauren - thank you so much, that's really helpful.

Now whether she'll recreate it is another question!
Yes...this is our problem! I'll try again today.
That first nap yesterday she was awake from 11.50-12.10 before falling asleep again; is that ok? I could have easily gotten her up and then the day wouldn't have been so fabulous.

We also had a big scream/call out at 11.30 and then again at midnight. She was asleep the first time I think and went back to sleep quickly but I fell back asleep the second time so not sure. How long she was awake!
^^^ ok, worst mother ever. This wake was probably from the massive vomit I found her in this morning. I feel terrible :(

So today played out as;
WU: 6.20 or earlier
OOB: 7.00
Nap 1: 10.30; asleep shortly after - 12.00
Nap 2: 3.40; not sure but she woke at 4.24
BT: 7.00, 7.30 asleep
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 11:50:18 am by labrodyk »

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2016, 13:11:36 pm »
Sorry she was unwell in the night, you can't help it if she went back to sleep after being sick..it's happened to all of us.

Another pretty good looking day  :)
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD