Author Topic: Bedtime for 14.5mo  (Read 16321 times)

Offline labrodyk

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Bedtime for 14.5mo
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2017, 21:23:04 pm »
Hi Creations! Thank you for your support, wondering if you think something is up with Audrey.

In the morning she is waking around 7am. Usually we get out of bed at 7.30 as that is my sons gro clock time. We have been dozing together for a little longer and when I go to check on Audrey she is fast asleep again at 7.45. Should I be getting her up sooner or letting her sleep until she wakes which is usually 8.30? I wonder then if naptime should move too?

I couldn't get her down until 12.45 today...

WU: ? Back to sleep at 7.45 - 8.20am. oob.
Nap: 12.45, asleep at 1-3 (I had to wake her)
BT: 7.00, asleep 7.40

I'm meant to be setting nap at 12 PD and bedtime at 7pm PD but when she wants to go back to sleep in the morning, I'm letting her because i'm SO tired and my older DS is sleeping-in for the first time in 4.5 years  ;D
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 10:48:59 am by labrodyk »

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2017, 11:32:49 am »
Thursday 19-Jan
WU: 7.20?:
Absolutely miserable all morning.
Nap 1: asleep in my arms for 5 minutes 10.55-11.00
Nap 2: 12.40; 12.50-2.17, 2.48
BT: 6.50; 7.50
^ crying every 5 minutes.

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2017, 12:02:11 pm »
She could be coming down with a cold or perhaps it's teething making her sleep a little different.

I would keep nap time the same if she wakes earlier or later in the morning...and if you start getting nap refusal or the nap becomes too short I'd probably suggest getting her up in the morning when she first wake rather than letting her go back to sleep until the later WU.  Keeping in a routine really helps, but I do understand when you are tired any extra bit of quiet and dozing in the morning is welcomed!!

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2017, 00:38:15 am »
I think teeth might be at play... She has had diarrhoea since the molars started almost a month ago! It clears up for a day or 2 and then it comes back. She's drooling terribly. But,  she can't stay awake!

Her A times have shrunk and she isn't short napping!

WU: already awake at 6.40 this morning.
OOB: 7.30
Cried non-stop from 8am. Tried to distract,  offered food,  milk, took outside (can't go anywhere as didn't have car today!) and still she whinged and cried so in the end I put her to bed around 10am!
Nap: 10.10, woke crying 40 minutes later but fell back to sleep.
^^ I put mittens over her thumb to sleep (probably why she was angry when she woke) but went back to deep sleep!
Nap: 4.00, crying at 4.30. Picked her up and she was asleep in less than a minute! Held her for 15 minutes and then gently woke her.
BT: 7.00; 8.10 asleep.

Should I keep her up until midday tomorrow? I feel so bad for her 😩
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 12:07:08 pm by labrodyk »

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2017, 13:01:12 pm »
Oh dear she sounds poorly :(

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2017, 11:29:50 am »
I don't know what is wrong... We kept her awake today but she is crying considerably and clinging to me line crazy. Screaming if I'm not holding her 😔

This was our day but she was pretty miserable and not interested in much food. Yet she doesn't have a temp,  no cold symptoms, nothing that would make her sick enough to be miserable...

Saturday 21-Jan
WU: 6.50 already awake
Nap: 12.10 PD, slept until 2.07 so almost 2 hours
BT: 7.07, asleep 7.50!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 11:38:55 am by labrodyk »

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2017, 08:36:14 am »
Is she about 15.5 - 16 months now?
I remember at 16 months mine having some big developmental leap of some sort.
Has she recently become more mobile for instance?  Walking, climbing, running maybe? It could be a bout of SA related to increased mobility or another developmental leap ...or I always blame teeth if I can find nothing else as our second year was permanently teething pain!  Could be if she is also off her food.

Good nap though!

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2017, 12:03:21 pm »
Hey Creations!!  How are you?

We had a similar day today, but a full hour to fall asleep at bedtime. Into bed at 7.10pm and asleep 8.10pm.
She is very mobile, walking and running. She's very drooly - we only have canines left and I can't see them but they might be rumbling underneath...

We've hit 15.5mo (16mo on the 7-Feb) so perhaps it's a massive developmental thing?!

Sunday 22-Jan
WU: 7.10
Nap: 12.10; 12.15/20 - 2.07
BT: 7.10; 8.10 asleep
NW: 4.00am crying

Monday 23-Jan
WU: 7.10, was already awake,
Nap: 11.55; 12.05-2.28 (a bit broken and quite restless)
BT: 7.00, 8.00ish asleep.
^ was happy for DH to bath her (major win!) but nothing else so screamed during WD and in car. Then chatted and rolled around, crying out, until just after 8.00pm

She was positively exhausted today. Such hard work and constantly crying. She ate breakfast okay but from 9.30 she just wasn't happy. I medicated and tried to distract but by 11.30 she was rubbing food in her eyes and wouldn't eat or drink a thing. She screamed and screamed during wind down.
Why does she appear so tired and exhausted. I reckon she would have slept the second I put her down at 9.30! 😔
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 12:07:43 pm by labrodyk »

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2017, 18:44:32 pm »
How are things now?

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2017, 00:20:02 am »
Hi Creations!

She isn't as bad, but she won't stop talking and I believe UT at bedtime, she isn't taking any less than an hour to fall asleep.

Her nap yesterday was almost 2.5 hours. It is quite disjointed and she seems quite restless most of iit but I guess without the monitor, I wouldn't necessarily know....

Today however nap was only 1hr20, maybe 1.5hrs. 12.08-1.28. The word I'm using to describe her at the moment is angry...i don't know what's wrong but she cries and is cranky and clings on to me and won't play with anything. Its draining. At least tonight she was asleep in 30 minutes - BT at 7.00 and asleep at 7.30. I wonder how our night and wake up tomorrow will go?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 09:51:56 am by labrodyk »

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2017, 19:48:19 pm »
It does all sound very "toothy" to me.  Teething can be just awful.
Get through however you can!

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2017, 21:01:08 pm »
Thanks lovely! We're doing our best...

I can't see any canines but that's what it must be cause she has the rest!

After 7.30 BT I woke to her calling out at 6.45 😔

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2017, 09:32:57 am »
Hey Creations!.

I'm after a bit of hand holding and a hug if possible!

Audrey is absolutely miserable. And I mean, truly beside herself unhappy. She's been sleeping in later in the mornings but 2 hours later she's crying, whinging, clingy and rubbing her eyes and positively miserable. She will go to sleep in my arms if I hold her in her room, and if I put in her cot. Somehow we made it to 11.15am for nap, she fell asleep at 11.30 and napped 2 hours (which she hasn't done for weeks.....) when I put her to bed at 6.30, at 7pm she screamed the house down and I went in and Gage verbal and physical reassurance in her cot until she was calm and sleepy and then I left. Which didn't take long - she's EXHAUSTED. she's not eating much but I am medicating for teeth.
The behaviour is worse when we are at home but when we're out she has a very short fuse and is screaming and hyperactive and frustrated making trips to the shops or playground unbearable.

I'm so drained energy wise and Im nor sure what to do with her. I'm taking her to the doctor tomorrow but I don't think there is an issue there so what else could be going on?
Her nap at midday is super short, about 1hr10/15 and she's happy when she first wakes but then is upset after 20 minutes up out of her for. That's if I can even get her to last until 12 for her nap, she's truly feral and nothing makes her happy. She won't play with toys either, has absolutely no interest.

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2017, 19:24:33 pm »
you can have a big hug! ((((hug))))

It sounds like a combination of teeth, extra tiredness (possibly due to pain - teeth) and perhaps developmental leap too.
TBH apart from medication for teeth I don't think there is a huge amount you can do other than remind yourself it will eventually pass and try to be as patient as you possibly can.

more hugs

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2017, 11:55:51 am »
Thank you so much, I don't have anyone else to talk about this with. My husband thinks you ladies are all amazing and keeps asking me to ask you what you'd do because we are both clueless.

I tried to take them to a Bible study with awesome creche but Audrey screamed the whole time. She wouldn't sit still when they brought her to me after she wouldn't settle 😔 
I finally got her into bed for a nap at 12.30 (oob at 7.30am but awake before that) but she only napped until 2pm. BT was 7.40 and she was asleep by 8pm but an hour later she woke screaming so I went and helped her lie down and rubbed her back and she took a while but fell back to sleep by 9.30pm.

I medicated with nurofen before bedtime too do I can only assume she's OT!? only a week ago she was in bed at 7am and lying awake for over an hour. I really don't understand 😔