Author Topic: Average number of nw for 6 mo  (Read 1444 times)

Offline alwaystired

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Average number of nw for 6 mo
« on: December 19, 2016, 20:01:29 pm »
Hi ladies. Ds is bf and just turned 6 months. We have slowly introduced solids at 5 months and we are past the wonder weeks stage (up every 1.5 hours at night for a good week). He is back to his nw of every 2-3 hours. Im exhausted.  I dont expect him to be sttn yet, but how many times a nights is average for a 6 mo ebf baby who is thriving? Am i still on the tail end of
A growth spurt? He started rolling about 3 weeks ago. I just dont want to start a bad habit
of feeding/plugging in a pacifier all night long. We are on Tracys standard 4 hour easy and he is a really good eater for the solids. He could easily eat an ounce or more but i only give him 2 tbsps twice a day of fruits and veggies.

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
Re: Average number of nw for 6 mo
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 20:56:26 pm »
2 wakes with DS1 and 3 with DS2 was normal for us...they are all very different!

If he's wanting more solids, I would offer more. He will tell you when he's full. Past 6mo the uk recommendation is to offer all foods except honey and whole nuts...offering a range of foods would help him to increase his daytime calorie intake.
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline alwaystired

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 01:03:27 am »
Today I ended up feeding him 4 ounces of sweet potatoes (between 3 meals). He just kept on wanting more, so I suppose I will see what happens tonight .

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 07:18:49 am »
He sounds hungry!! It takes a while to establish on solids, so give it time.
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline alwaystired

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 13:50:16 pm »
I wrote down the times the little stinker woke last night (through VERY heavy eyelids) and he woke 5 times after I had put him down. His bedtime was 730.  He woke at 1015, 12, 315, 5, 630 (at which I ended up taking him to my bed to bfeed him so I could get some shut eye). I woke us up at 730 so we wouldn't be too far off schedule.
Now, I must confess that I've forgotten to give him his zantac the last week, so these MAY be related to his silent reflux because when he does wake, he drinks for about 5-10 minutes (seems like FOREVER when you're in zombie mode). He was also back to arching his back (but I wasn't sure if he was being a little protester or if it was the reflux). His naps the past two days have gone from lovely 1.5/2h down to 40 minutes-1 hour.
I will give it a week and see if he gets back to normal.
Maybe that's why he was so hungry for the solids; to keep the reflux at bay? I was really hoping he would have outgrown it by now :(

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2016, 22:43:24 pm »
It could definitely be the reflux
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011