Author Topic: Help needed  (Read 1439 times)

Offline sammy23

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: January 17, 2017, 12:13:46 pm »
My lb 20 months won't sleep in his cot or go into his room without being frightened. He was always a bit nervous and woke a bit at night but we taught maybe he didn't like bedtime he had just got good and didn't mind going but it was windy last week and he went crazy screaming in the room the next night we noticed a loud noise from his air vent when I sat in his room to try get him to settle and he's terrified of it he keeps pointing to the vent he is sleeping in his sisters room in a travel cot at the minute but when he wakes at night he's still very scared. We've blocked up the vent and can't hear the noise anymore how do I go about getting him back to his own cot. His routine is
8am wake eat play
12 sleep - I have to put him this time as I collect his sister at 1.45
1.45 wake eat go for his sister in school
Bedtime 8-8.30

Hoping for some help as I hate to see him so scared 😢

Offline Scottishmummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 47
Re: Help needed
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 06:20:21 am »
Sorry no personal experience but wondered whether you had read this thread as it seems to be a similar issue (which resolved)  and the advice there might be helpful?

19 month old suddenly terrified of sleeping in her room
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline sammy23

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 10:34:52 am »
Thank you il have a read 😊

Offline Scottishmummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 47
Re: Help needed
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 20:37:07 pm »
Ok, hope it helps. Come back if you want to chat through suggestions
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline tathi-b

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 06:20:50 am »
Would it be a case of taking him back slowly as we would when they are younger?  Maybe play in the room more, make it a safe environment where he feels he can go in on his own.  I'd suggest maybe sitting with him there during the day if possible for other things like reading and changing.  Do some activities in there but let him sleep in his sisters room until he is feeling safer in his own room. 

My daughter is much younger (13 months) but we moved houses recently and that was how was put her into her room full time.; the sound of the A/C coming on used to frighten her.  It took about a week for her to settle and now she loves her room.

Offline sammy23

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 12:19:00 pm »
Thank you we did this and it worked if I no it's going to be wi day il put him in his sisters room and he goes the next night in his own his room is very noisy in the wind he still has broken sleep never sleeps full night tho

Offline tathi-b

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 06:39:57 am »
I'm glad to hear that it's working.  With us, for what felt like ages, she would wake up but recently seems to have gotten used to the noises in her room and is at last sleeping through the night!  I hope his sleep improves! x

Offline sammy23

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2017, 10:59:23 am »
Thank you 😊