Author Topic: Help! EASY worked great until 3 months....  (Read 1290 times)

Offline duber81

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Help! EASY worked great until 3 months....
« on: March 01, 2017, 18:13:46 pm »
Hello! My LO followed easy (practically) perfectly for three months. I was actually reluctant to start implementing it, around 3 weeks, because my mother in law suggested it to me. BUT! I did! And it worked! In general, he slept from 7pm-7am with a dream feed around 10pm, and a pat on the back around 2am, and an early.breakfast at 4am. During the day, he went through three hour cycles of eat, play, then nice healthy naps ... Usually 1.5 hours long. Until something happened! He is drooling a lot! His hands are ALWAYS in his mouth. And he is cranky! He now whines or cries all night long, I'm up seven plus times a night trying to soothe him back to sleep, and finally after his unstoppable crying... Giving him the breast. I know its not a hunger cry.... But I've resorted to it anyway. What do I do? Any advice?

Offline KBolton

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: Help! EASY worked great until 3 months....
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 07:38:51 am »
Does it sound like a pain cry? With the drooling and gumming everything, it could be teething. Sometimes you can see that their gums or cheeks are red. You could always try some teething gel and see if it helps. I believe there is also teething toys, some you can freeze to help relieve the pain.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 07:43:44 am by KBolton »

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 09:41:06 am »
Do you think it's actually a growth spurt? there is a BIG one at 3mo (often with drooling) & because he's got older his cries have changed. With BF babies they do go through a point at 3mo that they feed a lot more as they try to change the consistency of the milk.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 07:07:49 am »
I'm not sure if you have heard of the wonder weeks?  You can google them :) but essentially it's a concept of leaps in development that occur at predictable times in the first year or so of life.  There's one around the 12 week mark and the theory goes that LOs will be more unsettled, clingy and may sleep worse during these episodes.  Whether you believe it or not, I found it to be a useful concept (and something to blame when everything went wrong!) and it did seem to ring fairly true for my DS in particular x