Author Topic: Help with cat napping 6.5 months  (Read 3439 times)

Offline Vally

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Help with cat napping 6.5 months
« on: March 02, 2017, 14:45:29 pm »
I wander if anyone can help. My LO is having lots of short naps throughout the day which i don't mind really but think it's causing nightwakings and not sure how to change. He generally starts the day about 630am and will have a very short 20/30 minute on the school run. He then generally gets tired after only 2.5 hours so we tend to have 3 short naps. He is sometimes then awake for 3 hours in the afternoon so I make sure to get him into bed just after 6pm as he is so tired. He will then wake at about 2am and is then pretty unsettled the rest of the night. Do you think this is due to the bad napping? I've tried to put him to bed later but it makes no difference to night waking and then he has less sleep which. Help!

Offline FPT23

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 18
Re: Help with cat napping 6.5 months
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 19:32:13 pm »
Hi Vally-

Very sorry to hear about your trouble :(
I know it can get very frustrating and exhausting. Many hugs.

Could you possibly do your best in listing your EASY routine please? In EASY format:

E 7am
A
S 10-11:30am

This age comes with a lot of changes! Many start dropping a nap. Others have became much more mobile (trying to call, rolling over etc) and just decide to want to practice at sleep times ::) haha! Solid food is introduced and can sometimes cause tummy troubles on some occasions which can also attribute to disturbed naps and NWs as wel. There's also a growth spurt I believe around the 6mth mark so always make sure hunger isn't waking LO one at nights and feed as necessary. In addition to ALL this... TEETH! Many start teething and cut their first tooth (teeth) around this time too.

Hugs!

Xo
Fabi

Offline Vally

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 13:51:09 pm »
His typical day looks like this

Wake up and E 630am
S 830- 9/915 on school run
E 1030
S 1130-1215
E 230pm
S 3pm-345pm on school run
E 615
Bedtime 615/630

Night waking if a good night one feed about 630am but often  have waking at 5am where I can sometimes rock back to sleep. He goes off to sleep pretty easily on his own. We've had some bad nights with lots more night waking but wander if this has been down to teething or tummy pain as this last week he's been a bit sicky plus not really interested in solids or much milk. He was drinking 4 x 7oz bottles but currently only taking 4oz and not hungry for solids.

Offline FPT23

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 18
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 19:20:02 pm »
Hello :)

First off at this age, you should be down to 2 naps more or less or at least working your way twds 2.

I would def extend ATs. That short CN in the morning I'm sure is inevitable but the next nap, merely 2hrs later - needs to be extended. I would aim for the nap to be closer to 12:00-12:15 and see if that helps extend that nap some.

It's tough with that short morning CN... is there a way you can prevent that nap? Sing or talk in the car or roll down the window, provide a safe toy to keep him occupied? I would try that and then nap as soon as you got home.

If NWs are more frequent and you know he's had tummy problems I would wait for that to pass and yes teething happens around this time as well :-/ lots of changes as I mentioned above

:( hugs
Fabi