Author Topic: 15mo had flu, eye infection, & now tons of NW.  (Read 1118 times)

Offline kjr928

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
15mo had flu, eye infection, & now tons of NW.
« on: March 15, 2017, 08:16:57 am »
So about a month ago, the whole family caught the flu. It was awful and took about a week to get rid of. My oldest DD (6) and youngest (15mo) then contracted an eye infection which took about another 5 days to get rid of. So we had about 2 weeks of misery and ended up with LOADS of NW that we now can't seem to shake.

I really thought that she would kind of go back to sleeping through on her own after she recovered, but hasn't. She seems to be vey hungry/thirsty at night now and wants bottle after bottle of milk and seems to be getting worse, not better. I can easily go through three full bottles (24oz) or more per night. She just cries and cries until she gets it. I think she has replaced some of her daytime calories at night.

What is the best way to get out of this mess and get her sleeping through again? Thanks!

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 15mo had flu, eye infection, & now tons of NW.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 16:21:02 pm »
Hi there oh I feel for you we've just had a week of coughs colds sinus infection you make it.

I'd personally only offer water at night? Are you cuddling back to sleep or leaving her to it?
Zoe

Offline kjr928

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 01:49:37 am »
Hi there, I've been giving her milk. I don't want to, but it's the only thing that seems to satisfy her. I guess tonight will try reducing the amount I give her and supplement with cuddles. Not sure what else to do. Really sucks how badly things can get messed up from illness. ☹️

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 08:37:16 am »
I know they soon get used to cuddles, maybe try some water a cuddle then into cot. Try reassuring with a hand on her?
Zoe