Author Topic: tips for traveling and staying on easy  (Read 1195 times)

Offline Kpop

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 18, 2017, 21:14:37 pm »
HI All

I have an 11 week old and we are traveling with her for 3 days when she is 16 weeks old and for 10 days when she is 5 months old, and I am nervous . . . .any tips?

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: tips for traveling and staying on easy
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 13:02:01 pm »
At this age in particular I would say to just try to go with the flow as much as you can, and remember that EASY is a pattern, not a schedule :)  Will you have any time changes to deal with?  Often the younger they are, the easier it is to adjust.  Because she is so young she is also likely to be relatively portable, so where it fits into the day, I would say keep roughly to the routine she is used to at home (or just revert to EAS cycles), and let her sleep wherever is convenient.  You can also do some low-key days alternating with days out if it is getting too much, but if the travel is for holidays I would make sure you get out and enjoy it - any issues can be sorted when you are home again :) 

Offline Kpop

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 15:48:37 pm »
thank you! and yes the first trip is 1 hour back and the second trip is 1 hour forward
we are on CST in the US and she normally wakes up at 7am.  so I was going to wake her up at 6am (this is only a 2 day trip) and 8am respectively, to try and keep her circadian rhythms and days starting off right.  Does that seem like a good idea or overkill?

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 17:46:53 pm »
For such short trips and small hour difference I would probably just keep her on your 'home' time zone - so yes if you would normally wake at 7am, wake at 6am on the 1h back timezone and wake at 8am when you are in the hour forward zone x