Author Topic: Almost 3 and still night wakings, stalling at bedtime and baby 2 on the way in 4  (Read 1125 times)

Offline Mommyadel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Little one is almost 3 years old, almost every night she wakes maybe once or twice. Bedtime is always a battle to get her to bed. Wondering if maybe it's time to drop her day time nap and replace with quiet time? She naps usually from 12/12:30 to 1:30/2pm, and bedtime seems to drag on or we get her to bed in her room at 7:30 or 8 and then she is up early at 5:30/5:45. I have a sneaking suspicion that the nap has got to go. I have 36 weeks pregnant and have another little one on the way so would like to get this under wraps now before the baby comes. We usually do bath, a little tv time, book, song and bed. It also seems like she is stalling at bedtime always asking for more songs and more books. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
Definitelly seems to be 1-0 transition Honey, just went there with my dear son:) and also was pregnant with DS2!
Have you ever capped nap or tried a NND (no-nap-day)?How you LO copes with being OT? Do you think capping the nap is something she would accept? Could you drag her from napping at all?
~Marta

Offline Mommyadel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Okay perfect, we have gone a few days without nap time and she has been ok. Today I will try and see how she makes out. If she does happen to fall alseep I will wake her at after 30 mins. Last night she woke a few times and finally woke at 7am... but wouldn't settle until 9:30pm ughhhhh. I will try to substitute nap time for just quiet time and hope for the best.

Thanks for the support, I feel like I am going crazy !! I will let you know how she makes out tonight!