Author Topic: Past it  (Read 1120 times)

Offline murphy76

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 29, 2017, 04:32:57 am »
Hi,

I've been here once or twice in the past year to no avail, and now we are at our wits end.

DS3 looked to us to be LSN like DS1, so has been on 60-90 min nap for 9 months, depending on his night sleep.

He usually goes to bed no problem at 715/30, but wakes anywhere beween 5 and 530, in a good month it might be 545, with the very odd 6 or 615 in there. When this happens we push Bt to 730, reduce nap to 1hr,  and get a few days of 10.5 hr nights before it's back to EW.

Sleep in his day care is at 12/1215 for the 60/75 mins each day.

Recently 4 times a week, for past 6 weeks, he wakes calling mama at night but goes over after a drink of water.

We just don't know what to do. He's been on relatively low sleep for nearly a year, but the idea of dropping the nap now seems crazy as on his short days he is in such bad form in the evenings.

I know this post is even a mess itself with issues, but is there any advice at all out there of what we should do, a standard day we can give a go to for a while? 5ams or earlier, with 3 DS's, could be the end of us...

Thanks in advance.

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: Past it
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 04:57:43 am »
Not sure how old your LO is but guessing past 1yo.

Have you tried cutting his nap back to 30-45mins. Either that or a later bed time. I know my LSN child never slept past 5am with a 7ish bedtime, to get him to sleep anywhere close to 6am, we really needed to get him to bed around 8pm as anything longer than 10hours just didn't happen.

I also know that even now with my LSN 11yo, if he doesn't do enough physical activity his sleep needs drop from 8.5hours to less than 8 hours... which is rather annoying when I need 8.5hours!
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline murphy76

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 07:19:03 am »
Hi, thanks for the reply!

Sorry, he is 28 months if that helps?