Author Topic: I got my period!! I think...  (Read 3191 times)

Offline owelley

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 57
  • You took the fall and thought of me above all.
    • www.chordpower.com
Re: I got my period!! I think...
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2006, 02:59:35 am »
That's what happened to me...I think that's your period (I could be wrong)  Ovulation begins on the 14th day right??  Good luck trying!!
I THINK ??? I got my period the other day???!!  LO is 8 months and ebf...very light flow Wednesday, nothing yesterday, and some spotting today! Bizarre! I would also like to get pregnant againg, but not sure what is going on!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 03:02:57 am by owelley »
Blessed beyond measure.

Offline Janet

• Showing Appreciation 17
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2006, 03:32:40 am »
Dd is 7 wks old today and mine returned yesterday.  >:(
My dr told me at my check today that it's not at all uncommon for the cycle to return this quickly. I'm not at ALL pleased by this.

Offline owelley

• www.chordpower.com
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2006, 04:38:48 am »
Sigh...I hope my cycle will still be the same as before I got pregnant. 
Blessed beyond measure.

Offline beccarman

• Showing Appreciation 29
  • happy families!!
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2006, 20:18:11 pm »
i didn't get AF till dd was 8mths then i've had 3 really regular AFs...i was not at all regular before i had her though so its a strange feeling knowing/assuming when they'll come.

Offline Kiwi Mum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • William John
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2006, 22:26:05 pm »
Hi,

I had fertility issues, one being my long and irregular cycle prior to conceiving DS.  William is now just over 7 months (exclusively breast fed) and no sign of a period yet. 

I'm hoping that my problems will be corrected once I start cycling again - apparently it's possible for that to happen (?) fingers crossed!

Now that we are starting solids, and he seems to be taking a little less milk during the day (spends slightly less time feeding during day but usually makes up for it in the late afternoon/evenings when he likes to cluster BF) should I be expecting my periods to return? 

Thanks,
Tania

Offline Janet

• Showing Appreciation 17
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2006, 00:36:22 am »
I've heard that it IS possible for fertility problems to correc themselves after a baby. I have a friend who went thru 2 pregnancies using fertility treatments to get there. After her 2nd pregnancy, resulting in twins, she truly believed she couldn't get pregnant without help. SURPRISE! She got pg on her own and very quickly. So hopefully that'll happen for you as well. Not that anyone really WANTS to start the whole cycle thing all over.  :P

Offline Gippie

• Showing Appreciation 39
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2006, 12:54:48 pm »
Thanks for all of the posts.  I have been all BF for 4 mo and went back to work a week ago and I am pumping at work.  I just got what I think is my period...light and of course adding YET ANOTHER dimension to the drama of back to work, baby with a bottle, pumping, she got TWO teeth and now this possibly affecting supply and taste...grrrrr.    I am pumping like crazy after each feed to increase supply so I can leave DH more when I am at work.   Up until now, thre were never any problems, but I need to PUMP more...so we will see what happens.  Thanks for the support and sharing - I guess in this case just about EVERYTHING is normal!!!!

Stacey

Offline Renee'sMum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2006, 02:26:39 am »
Mine came back when my dd was exactly 12 weeks old and then exactly 16 weeks old.  I have never been so regular!!!   ;)  Was looking forward to having no period while bf, but like someone mentioned above--good to know everything is still working!!  Maybe it has to do with your estrogen levels.  Mine are on the high side.  My dd had her first period when she was 5 days old!  Apparently it is common (still freaked us out!) when the mom has high estrogen levels. Coincidence?
Cheryl
London, ON

Offline owelley

• www.chordpower.com
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2006, 03:04:18 am »
How long did it last??
Blessed beyond measure.