Author Topic: Amount of Formula/Bottles/BFs when having Solids  (Read 24524 times)

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
Amount of Formula/Bottles/BFs when having Solids
« on: April 08, 2006, 00:25:50 am »
Hi Everyone,

I have found lately their has been alot of posts about how much milk babies should be taking when they are on solids.
As Tylersmommy and i have posted the intake of milk for babies is 26-32ozs (600-800mls) even when babies have started solids. Remember this includes any milk you put in your babies cereal for breakfast or other solids. If you are worried your baby isn't drinking enough milk in 24hrs then you could try giving some in a cup/bottle with meals.
When babies are eating 3 DECENT sized meals a day which is usually around 7/8months depending when you started then you might find their milk intake may drop a little say 3-5ozs which is fine.
When they hit about 10months you might find they are ready to drop a bottle so milk intake can be anywhere between 21-30ozs (500-700mls) a day.
Also around when solids begin MOST babies are having 4 bottles (5 if they still have a dreamfeed or night feed). Some babies stay on 4 bottles until they are weaned at 12months to cows milk some will drop to 3 bottles anywhere between 7 months to 10 months.
As for breastfeeding i believe 4-5 breasfeeds a day is average for babies who are on solids.
JUST REMEMEBER THESE RECOMMENDATIONS ARE JUST A GUIDE SOME BABIES WILL DRINK MORE AND SOME WILL DRINK LESS.     
Also Milk whether it be breast or bottle is still the main source of babies calcium and vitamins until at least 9/10months this is when MOST people swap around so solids are feed first before bottle/bf.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 12:47:09 pm by Diegos Mama »

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07