Author Topic: NW - wet nappy, overtired, milestone??  (Read 8706 times)

DavidsMum

Re: NW - wet nappy, overtired, milestone??
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2007, 07:39:38 am »
Sorry...I think I had a PMS poor me moment this morning. :-[

He is settling himself now, so yes things are better  but I can not get naps for longer than 45min...which is better than the 20-30 we had a few weeks ago.

But he is waking earlier every day.

Today was 5am wake so 4 hours A time before nap which only lasted 45m.
Then 3.5 A time and another 45m nap. I tried w2s but he still wakes at 45m and does not resettle.

So if I wait until 630 for bed that will be 4.5 A time, I have been doing 6pm bed so it will be 4hours tonight.

Sorry again about before, you have been great and its not your job to solve my problems, it just makes me feel better taking it out on the computer. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2007, 15:52:30 pm »
I just wanted to offer some more encouragement  :-*  With Colin it was much the same.... when the book said it would take two weeks to make a change, it took him 2.5 MONTHS. No kidding. It's always taken him far, far longer to make any adjustments so I have learned to expect it. And there's no gradual about it.... it goes from total refusal and resistance to total acceptance in the snap of your fingers. Odd, but that's the way he is. So hang in there, it WILL come together for you.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

DavidsMum

« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2007, 05:39:37 am »
Thanks Jessica

Well I hate to admit it but we ended up back in the chair today.
David has bronchiolitis which came really suddenly late yesterday and he was coughing and wheezing all night.
I tried to get him to sleep in the cot for 45m this morning but he was so tired he kept jerking and waking so in the chair we went. He slept a solid 1.5h so i was thinking that was great as he would have a later pm nap and hopefully end up on a later bedtime etc. But the poor love only made it to 130 and I put him down, trying to breathe can really take it out of you. Hopefully he will have a good sleep on his own.

So we are back on the prednisolone sleep destroyer for 3 days and AP to help him get any sleep he can.

Hopefully it won't last too long and we can go back to sleep training again.
I'll let you know when we are back into it again.

Offline nursekat

• Showing Appreciation 55
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2007, 10:30:16 am »
Oh poor little man!  Give him a hug from me!  And one for you, too!

Offline Layla

• Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2007, 11:21:33 am »
Poor David :(. I hope he feels better soon

{{{HUGS}}}} :-*

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2007, 15:28:04 pm »
Oh I'm so sorry!  :(   I  have also held Colin in a chair at night to sleep when he's been really congested. Sometimes that's what you have to do.  :-*
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

DavidsMum

« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2007, 06:04:27 am »
I thought you would want an update.

The good news is that the illness didn't affect us too badly and only that one stint in the armchair was required and no other AP. We even stuck pretty much to the sleep training so it was all good.

He has now slept to 6 or later for 5 days. But he is tired and cranky by 8am. So by 9 he was a screaming mess when I put him down today. I am thinking 3 hours in the morning is just too long for him, maybe he isn't sleeping too well earlier in the morning, he did cry out at 520 this morning but went back to sleep.

He was so bad this morning that I ended cuddling him to sleep (not intentional he was screaming so bad and I picked him up and cuddled him and he went to sleep) and he slept for about 1 hour and 15. Then he went down 3 hours later. He was tired again.

So maybe he can only do 2.5 A in the morning and 3 A after that. Which could leave a very long A before bedtime but I don't know what else to do. As it is his naps are not long enough so A time is already quite long before bedtime, so if it gets him longer naps during the day then maybe he will sleep better at night and then we can extend A time.

What do you think? Or should I just stick with the current schedule and hope it all comes good soon. I have no idea???

Offline Layla

• Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2007, 06:23:33 am »
There is no harm in trying :). But if you see that his naps are not getting longer & he is indeed awake for a very long time before bedtime, I would try to stretch him out to 3hrs in the morning & 3.5hrs in the pm. He might not be tired though. I've found that at this age (well sooner than that), a tired sign usually meant a change of scenery.

My 2yo can still show a tired sign here or there & will probabyl fall asleep as early as 11.30 but if I continuosly offer her a nap at 11.30, she will then be awake for a long time before bedtime & will get overtired.

His morning nap can be as sort as 45mins at 10months but you do want to try & extend the pm nap

It also sounds like he might be teething (if he's screaming at night or early morning)

Thanks for the update :)

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline nursekat

• Showing Appreciation 55
« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2007, 16:12:30 pm »
You wouldn't be in the minority if you have a LO that wants a super short A time in the am, LOL!  Bethany was on a 2hr A time in the am for ages...worth a try, anyway!